Thread: songs not highlighted and no file name in playlist of vlc.

songs not highlighted and no file name in playlist of vlc.

i am using vlc media player as it is supportive in all type of files and due to this i switched from windows media player. the problem consisting with it is the song that is currently playing is not highlighted in the VLC Playlist. in addition to this, VLC just displays metadata names of the songs, and never for the file names. when i try with big palylists its generally hard to find it.

Re: songs not highlighted and no file name in playlist of vlc.

i think here the problem can be seen with the setup file of the vlc media player. so you should make an update of the file and make an upgradation from the current version to the next released version. this might be because the setup file could have gone corrupt.

i was of the similar problem. i tried with some possible solutions and they worked fine for me. if you try with changing the metadata title to the file name and make a save for that change, it would work in this case. a toggle in the preferences to select between the displaying of the metadata title or the file name would work and you can come across some solution.

these i can say that the possible case could be the vlc getting corrupted. the vlc media player in all case should display what file it is playing and n file name in vlc. OK in the other way it should be displaying in teh top of title of the vlc media player. you should check the highlightment of the file played, and try with playing only one file at a time and then make a note whether the file name is displayed in the area or not. if it does show it must be showing in the group of files. scroll through the portion and you will find the file there.