Thread: Getting Compatibility error while installing Maya 2012 on OS X Lion

Getting Compatibility error while installing Maya 2012 on OS X Lion

I am also facing trouble which other people have. I installed OS X Lion a week ago and i brought maya 2012 today. So when i was attempting to install I am getting message its not compatible with mac os x 10.7. This is for me a huge trouble; ! I need a patch immediately! I hope apple releases patch soon.

Re: Getting Compatibility error while installing Maya 2012 on OS X Lion

just now googled and find out that Autodesk Maya 2012, and prior Maya version, is not working with most recent Apple Mac OS X operating system release, version 10.7 “Lion”. There is compatibility issue

If you upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7, you might come across these issues. Autodesk advice users of Maya 2012, and previous releases of Maya, do not advance to the Mac OS X 10.7 until the compatibility issues have been addressed by Autodesk and Apple. Teams from both companies are working intimately to resolve this matter and a notification will be issued once the issues have been addressed.

You require obtaining the patch from Autodesk. Lion was released 4 months ago. They should have worked on this issue and should have fixed this compatibility problem.

Their website confirms that Maya 2011 is compatible with Lion; if you had that version preceding to 2012 you should reinstall it and wait for the patch to the current version to be released

But the difficulty is that i never had maya 2011. I'm a new student and require this software before 20 of this month’s. I know you guys can't help me?! However i require contacting someone who is higher in rank.

Will your Maya run on Snow Leopard (10.6)? If so, and you have the cash, you could pay money for Snow leopard and install it on and external HD (partitioned according to the GUI process), boot your computer on that and you’re off (with any luck).

Since you say that you installed Lion - that is, your PC did not come with it pre-installed - you almost certainly had snow leopard on it already and have the installation discs. If your internal HD is large sufficient, you could partition it to 2 partitions and install both OSs, one on each.)

AUTODESK have a fix for Maya 2011 and to install 2012 on lion go through the standard installation nevertheless before installing uncheck the direct connect 6.0.This is the only thing that stops the installation .