Thread: long division not possible in Microsoft Word 2010 Equation Editor

long division not possible in Microsoft Word 2010 Equation Editor

hi guys, i was using Microsoft word for basic purposes, and then i found that i can make use of radicals, insert it . so i was to say that it came to me that, new Equation Editor as of Word 2007 comprised of features where one can make use of radicals as i wanted, but it came to me surprisingly i was unable to insert a long division symbol. if i considered, typesetting point of view , it came to me surprisingly that one isn't that different from the other. i also wanted to know whether it will be added in Word 2010 or 2011. will i able to use those in Word 2010 or 2011. please if it is able to specify some methods to that, i will be thankful.

re: long division not possible in Microsoft Word 2010 Equation Editor

as i was also using Ms word and find something about it. i think the lone solution to this can be trying with making use of math add-in.

recently to try with the solution i can also say that some sort of downloading related to it will help me in this case. therefore i made a download of MS mathematics with word/note add-in if that is what you were saying regarding. the main important work which it does is solve problems and provide what was much needed to you. there is also a better solution to provide connection with graphing, but long division as an operator. as it was not having a working long division tool in a satisfactory mode, with making utilization of the old equation editor 3.0 .

according to me the word when there is an attempt to show the steps for solving long division,there is no sign of the digits and don't tend to line up. there is a possibility of a problem arising with agreeing on how some one should do this type of long division.

guys i can explain in this issue as there are more methods to perform this, but when we consider multiplying the digits then subtracting then you should be bringing down the digit while doing that. and here, as a point of example, we just wish to type up a division problem . but i am finding this, the long division tool that one can make use of demonstrating long division.

first of all it is necessary to have a answer of the downloading process, as most of don't know and few are quite familiar with this thing. so
    • To have a install of this download:
    • The first step to do that is by saving the file to your hard disk or any place you wish for after downloading the file by clicking the Download button which is next to the MASetup.exe file.
    • To have a start of the Setup program, you should double-click the MASetup.exe program file which you stored on your hard disk or the mentioned path.
    • For a complete installation, simply follow the instructions present on your screen.

some are also completely unaware of the tasks which it performs. so for them adding with information, can have look on the various features present. the following tasks are involved in the Microsoft Mathematics Add-in .
    • it supports standard mathematical functions and computes for us, which include roots and logarithms.
    • along with it calculation of sine and cosine which are trigonometric functions are calculated on this side.
    • if you consider with integration mathematics, you can make use of this. limits, and sums and products of series are add- ons.
    • operations on complex numbers which you find sometimes complicated are also performed here.
    • inverses, addition, and multiplication which are matrix operations are calculated here.
    • along with you can come across, plotting of 2-D and 3-D graphs in Cartesian and polar coordinates, cylindrical, and spherical coordinates.
    • there is a solution for equations and inequalities

i think you should remove the Microsoft office as it may be lacking in some or the other condition, you should make a proper installation of it again, after removing it. or simply get an advanced installation file of another copy. if the process occurs after you still had an another file installed, you didn't made further installation of that particular feature. it is easily available. you will definitely find that after installation and run the long division method.

if you are finding somewhat difficult with the division method, you should try with typing the divisor, and then by adding the long division template. for the division template, there is no keyboard shortcut , so you are unable to click with the mouse. the way in which you can do is by pressing F2 to move to the Tool Bar, then the left or right cursor keys to go along to the ‘Fraction and Radical’ template. after this, have a press of the down cursor key for opening of the palette, then moving cursor down, and press return so that you are able to insert the template. you should TAB then and type in the dividend. Cursor up and then add the first whole number result after this, the cursor down, you should finally press Return and type in the first product. if you want to right align type CTR-SHIFT-R.

i think there is a requirement of a long division tool and in this case i totally agree.there is a case where you require and when you perform lining up division of decimals. or i am of the opinion that it can be done simply by making use of the table facility in word. i can say at this point making use of separate table columns for the digits and if you wish for creating, the long division operator and the horizontal lines, and in this you should make use of the "borders and shading" options.

there can be possible tips available and to do all those i think there should be a trial on getting hint in the "table properties" going to "column" and uncheckable the "preferred column width" box. and in addition if you want the the first horizontal line not touching the division operator, then add an extra empty column before the leading digit in the dividend .