Thread: Drawing tool bar missing from Microsoft word 2010

Drawing tool bar missing from Microsoft word 2010

I had been using this office 2003 from a long time and was very comfortable with that but just few days ago I updated it to 2010 but the first problem is the look is too different which I m not that comfortable with. Now the second problem is that I tend to use this drawing/drafting tool bar a lot which I can’t find anywhere in this version either they have removed it or placed in such a way that I am not able to find it.

Re: Drawing tool bar missing from Microsoft word 2010

This feature has not been removed but can say customized as not all the features are used all the time.
    Also more features are added in every section of tools. So it will be a bit difficult to accommodate all in one tool bar so if you want to activate all your favorite tools you can access it through quick access toolbar.

You can add all the ones you want and use them. Just follow the Steps to add them

1) Click on office logo on the top left
    2) Go to “word option” at the bottom that menu
    3)In word option click customize

Here on the right you have two option “choose command from” and “customize quick access toolbar”.

You can select the desired toolbar and then the desired features from it now this is not limited to only one tool bar you can add in multiple features you use from multiple tool bars into one and can use it .
    This also helps in reducing the work area.

A tool bar like the one in 2000 or 2003 isn’t available in this 2010 but still there are tool bar and features in them are also much more than that of the previous version to provide the users with a better productivity. Yes the ribbon is also the solution you can get things that you use regularly.

Here in this office 2010 features are arranged under tabs. Each tab relates to its type of activity like under view you have all the options related to viewing.

To make the drawing Tab appears you need click on the object which would require drawing tab to customize. As soon as you click on an object the tab appears for a temporary purpose you can do the changes you want to, using that. The same way there are many tabs which appear when you click on them for making changes.

It totally depends if it’s just about minor tools that you are talking about you can find the same under insert tab in the Illustrations. Few things can be done like Shapes, smart art , etc