Thread: Too slow Webaccess in WD2go

Too slow Webaccess in WD2go

i just updated with new firmware and after uploading that my wevaccesse if too slow, It works, but it is sooo slow. i tried to find this for this and i think It is no problem with my internet bandwith. Than what is the proble? Anyone have any idea about this than please help me.

Re: Too slow Webaccess in WD2go

After solving the problems related to remote access failure to update the Java platform (now updated to version 6 update 26) that prevented me from accessing, now I'm finally testing its performance so far are quite disappointed. From the corporate network, a 100 Mb fiber, you can not connect to my MBL installed at home (where I have a contract alice flat 7 M) and to download content, but at an average speed of only 35 kb / s. Almost 300 M to pull down content took almost 2 hours!

The network transfer rate depends on many factors (type of network, ISP, cable, routers, devices in use ,...) and to check everything out, and 'therefore necessary to make frequent checks. First of all you could for example verify that transfer rates you get in your home network by transferring a single file from one computer to another (thus excluding the My Book). Also verify that there are protective systems (firewalls ,...) that interfere with the copy.

Of course it's normal: Alice uses in download and upload, so it travels very slowly unless.

If you go in to the dashboard of the My Book Live and look at the Remote access section. Check to see in the event you are are in "relay connecton" or "rect connection". That will have a giant impact on your speed. In the event you are in relay, take a glance at the FAQs on the support site and at the KBAs on how to setup uPnP on your router.