Thread: My computer not showing my proper location on windows xp as well as windows 7

My computer not showing my proper location on windows xp as well as windows 7

I am really annoyed now I don’t know what is wrong with this though that my windows XP has some issue on locating my exact location so I made fresh install of Windows 7, partition the hard drive and thought it would solve the problem once every recharge as a new PC. NOPE. Dang It still defaults to all my searches to a town 60 miles away. Mapquest, Yahoo, news, all it defaults to that city. I changed all my options several times to my city, but to no avail. Is there any one who can help me on this thanks

Re: My computer not showing my proper location on windows xp as well as windows 7

I try to find this answer for this on the google but had no success I located in Knoxville and my pc for all time brings up position in Nashville and that was is 150 miles away from me. hope I might figure this out also!

Re: My computer not showing my proper location on windows xp as well as windows 7

You are entirely wrong with the concept My presume is that your service provider categorize your computer address as approaching from that city.I suggest that you should would make sure with them once more.

That's what I was thinking but when I traced my IP address happened to just 10 miles away and the city that everywhere in my pc is that I am is more than 60 miles away. There must be a way to change this? Thanks for any help anyone has to offer

Yeah I beat you both My internet believe that I'm 555 miles far from my current location . I'll be inspecting in to make out if anybody finds the solution but no successes

Same here I'm located on Missouri, which is on the north of Kansas City moreover lately my PC started showing me the local I am from the Tyler, TX. I'm not even certain that Tyler is or how suddenly I'm connecting from there. My Facebook even think that's where I am based on my IP address. i have no idea is it how this altered other than my internet provider was buy I guess I have to now call them up