Thread: Creative Suite 4 unable to work in OS X Lion

Creative Suite 4 unable to work in OS X Lion

Downloaded OS X Lion, Which took around 6hours, then Creative Suite 4 does not work. I keep getting messages: "To open the" Adobe Photoshop CS4.app, "you have to setup the Java runtime, although is not connected to the Internet". Now I cannot download Java runtime, for the reason that it happens through software update.

Re: Creative Suite 4 unable to work in OS X Lion

Quote Originally Posted by OhYeah View Post
    Downloaded OS X Lion, Which took around 6hours, then Creative Suite 4 does not work. I keep getting messages: "To open the" Adobe Photoshop CS4.app, "you have to setup the Java runtime, although is not connected to the Internet". Now I cannot download Java runtime, for the reason that it happens through software update.

I downloaded from Apple's Java implementation, which explains how to do it through the Preferences file Java in the Utilities folder.By the way my Creative suite 4 applications seem to be functioning fine, except I'm having troubles with Illustrator CS4 ,InDesign CS4 crashing when printing.

Thanks, but above was not available, as the install buttons not show up. So after spending more than a few hours online trying to resolve the trouble I came across this: It worked. Creative suite 4 / Dreamweaver etc running like a dream again. So if you are tempted by os x lion, this could be useful for all those things that Adobe has to run! It was trouble-free, and fixed all the troubles in Adobe.

I am also facing the similar trouble. - install the two packages and trouble solved! Thanks for the quick fix! I am glad my problem is fixed

Thank you for this! Creative suite would not open with the lion. Total lifesaver!

Whole operating system is also slower, so now seek a solution to that in case somebody has some advice. I upgraded to OS X Lion for a better view.

Thanks it really helped me with Dreamweaver CS4 "not responding". Also Distiller. Destroy / repair permissions, possibly, help b) clean install of Lion doing the trick.