Thread: Need help to fix "tv_ConfigMgrErr24"

Need help to fix "tv_ConfigMgrErr24"

I am using windows vista a s my operating system in my computer and everything else is working fine but I am getting a error"tv_ConfigMgrErr24" message when I am running Vista "Reliability and Performance Monitor. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need help to fix "tv_ConfigMgrErr24"

I am using windows vista a s my operating system in my computer and everything else is working fine but I am getting a error"tv_ConfigMgrErr24" message when I am running Vista "Reliability and Performance Monitor. Is there anyone who has faced the same ands has an idea about the same. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you something I will like to know few things:
    • This error message has started coming suddenly or it was there before as well?
    • Are you getting this in an error message or you are just getting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24"?
    • Do you remember any recent changes that you have made?

Yes this error message has started coming up since yesterday and I had never faced it before. I am getting this in an error message and there is something else with me but then this was mentioned with the error and I have searched on the web for the same and I have found it in a no of forum but then I have not found a solution for the same. I have not made any recent changes as far as I remember but then the same machine is used by other family member as well so I am not aware if they have changed any settings or they have messed with the system setting and all. Is there any solution to find it out by the error message??

You said that you are getting something else with this error code as well so I will suggest you to post the same here so I can have a look at it and find out what exactly is the error about. Just copy and paste it here for further help.

This is exactly what I am getting:
    <Monit. NAVEX15 reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24" INDICating Root\Leagacy_NAvex15\0000 PLUG &PLAY DEVICE
    I am not getting much out of it that is why I had just mentioned the error code that I saw thinking that it would be easy to trace it out but then I don’t think the same now. Just check it out and then let me know if you could help. Thanks in advance.

I have checked for the same and I have found that the cause of this is because some device is device is not working properly or some device is not having its driver installed properly. So just go in to the start and then go in to the control panel and then go in to the administrative tool and then go in to the computer management and then in to the device manager and then check in the device and driver list if you are able to see any driver or device not working properly, If there is any device like that then there will be a yellow exclamation on it just check it out and see if you find any. If you get then just post the name of the device or the hardware id of it by just clicking right on it and then checking it properties.

Yes even I have came across the same error and the cause of it is specified that some device is not working properly or some device is not having its driver installed properly and the solution for it is as followed:
    • Uninstall and then reinstall the device.
    • Update the drivers using Windows Update.
    • If that does not work than check on manufacturer site for an updated driver.

Hey thanks for your solution I have finally solved it out by uninstalling and then reinstalling it again, I think that I should have tried it first but then I thought that there might be just some settings that I will have to change but then I am happy that I have solved it somehow. Anyways thanks to you all for your help.

I am having the same issues but trying to uninstall and reboot did not fix the issue....below is the message I receive when running a diagnostics:

A device has a configuration problem that prevents it from working properly.
    Details: The device, AODDriver4.01, is reporting "tv_ConfigMgrErr24". This device will not be available until the issue is resolved. The Plug and Play ID for this device is ROOT\LEGACY_AODDRIVER4.01\0000.
    Resolution: 1. Verify the correct driver is installed.
    2. Try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
    3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.
    4. Attempt to uninstall and then reinstall the device using Device Manager.
    Related: Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager
    Manage Devices in Windows

Could this be an issue with the graphic card or Catalyst Control? I use my HDMI all the time to stream movies and games and it works and sounds fine....I wonder when it says TV if that could mean monitor? and where is this AODDriver4.1 located?
    In Device Manager everything checks out up to date and working properly (but they have been known to lie to ya).....and I uninstalled and looked at anything that remotely resembled plug and play or anything else....but on clean boots the same issue pops up when I run the diagnostic test. and btw I have Win7x64 Hm PremOS on a HP Pavilion dv-7 Notebook.
    Sam~

tazmo8448,

Have you updated your graphics driver to the latest? I think that "tv_ConfigMgrErr24" is a part of AMD High Definition Audio Device, so have you tried uninstalling it in device manager. What antivirus software do you use, try scanning you hp pc once again for any kind of malicious software that might have corrupted it.