Thread: Katya RC and Skype are missing from tray icon in Linux Mint 11

Katya RC and Skype are missing from tray icon in Linux Mint 11

I'm have been an Ubuntu user for subsequent or you can say numerous years but now with 11.04 release and its terrific Unity, I wish to experiment a different distro. My decision is obviously Mint 11 RC. I've installed mint 11 RC amd64 as second Linux OS in my system and I'm beginning to play with Mint. The setback is in Ubuntu 11.04 No tray symbol. I've installed Skype with Synaptics but there is no difference in the situation. The same situation is in Ubuntu 11.04.

Re: Katya RC and Skype are missing from tray icon in Linux Mint 11

My thinking is that static Skype doesn't settle this. I guess we are thinking that something else installed it, but once in a while it actually works OK. The situation is not constrained to Skype; KeePassX showcases precisely the same conduct, one pixel tray symbol the greater part of the time. In my case, instating and running Unity assisted for an instant, but it was not it. It appears similar to a bug, but not in Skype or KeePassX-the same bug in both of them? Something else might be wrong, but after that we don't recognize what it is precisely-we also lack the power to even report this bug. 

For me as well as the majority of Skype and KeePassX users its a major blocker for Mint 11. There's no trust or believing that Ubuntu 11 users will help us with this one because the fact that they utilize Unity where tray symbols are great. I've attempted Unity with my Mint 11 and it works a cut above Ubuntu 11 version But its not a result. Mint 11 might is also compatible with Gnome 2.

Actually i would like to assure you that, Unity doesn't 'fix' this either, I've had the same situation with unity (i.e. skype symbol not showing up in the unity board), admitting that it was intended to be expressly permitted in dconf-manager. Likewise, I concur this looks such as a compiz issue; toying around with compiz and anything that makes it re-render creates the skype symbol to return (as well as a few alternate concealed symbols in my case the ibus language selector, which isn't even in the notice tray, its in the indicator applet!). I've also tried attempting 'aberrant rendering' and that made it work.

I have done many experiments to search for an answer about my disappearing Skype Icon,I than selected "Notifications Daemon Install" in the Compiz Settings Manager, and my Skype Icon is again disappearing when the following reboot. Menu->Preferences->Compiz Settings Manager->Utility->Workarounds->Notifications Daemon Install, I have not been ready to spot what the "Notifications Daemon Install" does, so I am unconvinced every last item is installed, but for 5 or 6 reboots now I have not had a situation. I would un-introduce Compiz until a lasting install reaches in the event that the situation profits.

Ubuntu 11.04, and or you can say consequently Mint 11, in my conclusion utilizes a very buggy version of Compiz that might as well have never made it to release. Beneath is the method I've found to get the more senior, stable form of Compiz over until they've worked out the awful small bugs:-
    Open Synaptic (Package Manager) and sort Compiz into the Quick Search bar.
    • -Uninstall all Compiz-identified packages by clicking on the green box to the other side of each, selecting Uninstall, and when they're all stamped, click Apply.
    • -In Synaptic (Package Manager), head off to Settings-> Repositories.
    • -Click on the Other Software tab.
    • -Click Add.
    • -In the APT line box, sort or cut/paste the accompanying: ppa:guido-iodice/compiz-0.8.6-natty
    • -After leaving the origins administrator, reload your roots (click the Reload bind on Synaptic).

Compiz-identified packages-Install the same that you just removed look at File -> History and click on today's date if you've neglected by selecting the grey box to the alternate of each and every package, selecting Install, and when they're all checked, click Apply. There is one exemption to this. As a result of dependency issues combination-symbol won't install

You require a replacement/displacement in the event for Fusion- icon, lex-0.7.1/ as it has a large portion of the same methods as Fusion-symbol. Click on displex-0.7.1-all.deb and recovery it to your desktop. Right-click on the index from the desktop you just downloaded, and select Open with Gdebi Package Installer. Click Install.

Through synaptic I chose attempting to remove compiz " radically ". First on my laptop, both my sister or my friend did not acknowledged the departure but where happy that Skype worked ordinarily with notice as they are utilized to under WinXP. So I attempted it on the EeePc and my particular testing pc, and that is the explanation. This is not an explanation for those who like the compiz-impacts, and I trust this bug should soon be solved.

I in addition had this kind of mess with my system. I thought it was simply Skype but actually it was HPLIP begun doing it too around different things. I am new to mint, 1 month. I headed off to package manager and found I in addition had this situation. I thought it was simply Skype but HPLIP begun doing it too around different things. I have been using mint for 1 month so I am new to mint. I headed off to package manager and found and when that I logged out and once more in and my situation symbols were no-longer single pixel dots. I first stop and than restarted Skype, also kept track about the situation could return but it did not.