Thread: ichat network error on Mac OS X Lion

ichat network error on Mac OS X Lion

After upgrading to Snow Leopard Lion have been experiencing connection problems with iChat. When every time you try to log on I get a "Network Error" and iChat cannot connect. I'm using iChat to connect to Gmail chat. My internet connection is fine, I can surf the Internet, download and e-mail updates, etc. I had never such a problem when using Snow Leopard.

I found a work around this trouble, i.e. every time I go, I have to disable iChat account first, and then return to it, then iChat is linked appropriately although you have to do this each time I desire to go. Is anyone else experiencing the same trouble with iChat a lion?

Re: ichat network error on Mac OS X Lion

If you own files and access read and write (or the trouble persists after) check System Preferences> Network> Advanced> DNS tab button.DNS server should be placed here since the ISP you have.8.8.4.4 or 8.8.4.4 added (two public DNS servers Google) if only one IP list is the same as the "IP Router" for your LAN (see TCP / IP tab)

I realize that I wrote 8.8.4.4. twice instead of being the second 8.8.8.8 - you say you were using anyway.I was not sure if the email warning of a new post was showing me commas or periods, but it seems that his message is used in both full stops.

I'm not sure why re-enter the information has been classified the problem, but glad you have succeeded.

I had a similar trouble once more after restart my Mac. So this time I removed my entire Google DNS and using the default DNS from my service provider. His return to normal.

Another bug I found using Google DNS service was that it was not able to connect with some of Google sites like Google, Google Reader, Gmail, and while connecting Gmail chat through iChat, but all other Internet sites and services are working normally. After removing all Google DNS is working normal. I do not know where the blame lies with Google and Mac OS X 10.7 did not have that problem when I was in snow leopard.

The Google have been published for some time and there could be troubles with the amount of traffic that tries to use them. Could be that they have been attacked. If you’re ISP are working quite well then just make use of them.

I have the same trouble, my iChat makes the call but cannot connect after upgrading to 10.7.1, I get an error iChat version 6.0 (927), I was working with Macs in 10.7.i attempt your explanation, nevertheless it does not work (it seems to give advice but even in 10.6.8).After the failure Face Time cannot connect to anything, now is the ichat errors.

I’m 2000 km from home and at least I have a poor image quality with Skype on the iPhone.I was wondering if iChat uses port 50000 and 50001, because I recently set up two IP cameras through which ports. I already change the port 50000 to port 80 on the network camera, but iChat still not working. My wife upgrading your system to 10.7.1 and iChat doesn't even connect. I try to wifi.im thinking to use time machine to go back to 10.7 or the best option is to return to the snow leopard.

You can view the log of iChat creates, either before sending it to Apple (Click on the triangle shown next to the word "Details" in the popup window) or you can use Finder> Go Menu> Go To Folder and type ~ / Library / Logs / iChat Connection Errors

Remove any iChat add-ons that had with Snow Leopard, as everything that I have not been updated. In System Preferences> Security> Firewall. If you are in check in the advanced button that Stealth is ON. Also check that accept signed applications are allowed and iChat in the list.In the Network pane of System Preferences did not declare whether it has done not anything about DNS servers

Compare the IP address on the network that you are getting from your router with the settings in the router using the port assignment (most routers will ask you to specify an IP address (computer) and make sure that your computer is using the same IP.In general it is better if you use UPnP if your router has (in turn port forwarding)iChat uses ports not as high as the list number you want.Many people are discovering that if you open Activity Monitor in Applications / Utilities folder and highlight IMAgent and then depart it after iChat tends to work.IMAgent is really the face of the time and the reason for the apparent "Crossover" is still unclear.

Using the Finder> Go Menu> Go to the folder into / Library / Keychains.Highlight your key ring and then do a Get Info (File Finder menu) and see if you own and have read and write preferences.

Do the similar for Library / Preferences and any item that begins com.apple.ichat. it is a plist .There is nothing in the text on the Apple OS 10.7.1 which suggest it has a little to do with iChat

IChat 2 through 5 has used a picture of 640 X 480 as the utmost size. The processor pace in the early days of Internet speeds are what decide what size frame is sent. Processor speed at the present tend to determine how many frames a second .There were two options that could change in iChat 2 to 4 to make video chats.

In these previous version of System Preferences> QuickTime> Streaming tab could be set to 1.5 Mbps for the "best" Video. The configuration of bandwidth in iChat could be used to adjust that.

Learn to make and view the permission and the property has to be added as the owner. When click the lock to get permission to change the file. Use the gear icon and select and add your name if you are not there. If and when using the option ".Then you should be able to switch from iChat. You might still need to be removed to correct the information.