Thread: Getting unwanted bold text after saving as a PDF from Photoshop

Getting unwanted bold text after saving as a PDF from Photoshop

The problem that I am facing is that I am getting unwanted bold text after saving as a PDF from Photoshop and it appears at the end of a paragraph. I have also found that when I am printing the same then I am not getting it in the same format as it is displayed and I get it normally but then I use it for onscreen viewing because of which I am getting pissed and I have found that Rasterizing the text solve the problem but then it makes it less clearer and smoother. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting unwanted bold text after saving as a PDF from Photoshop

The problem that I am facing is that I am getting unwanted bold text after saving as a PDF from Photoshop and it appears at the end of a paragraph. I have also found that when I am printing the same then I am not getting it in the same format as it is displayed and I get it normally but then I use it for onscreen viewing because of which I am getting pissed and I have found that Rasterizing the text solve the problem but then it makes it less clearer and smoother. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Can you send me the .ps file so I can check it out and see what the actual problem is? I mean that you can just send me as a private message and you can also try to Save the File as a JPEG/TIFF/PNG and after that just right click on it and then "Convert to PDF" but then I will like to inform you that you will get this option only if you have the Acrobat installed and if you don’t have it then get it installed and then check if it is helping you out. I think that it should solve your problem but if not then let me know so I can try to help you out with other solution.

Can you send me the .ps file so I can check it out and see what the actual problem is? I mean that you can just send me as a private message and you can also try to Save the File as a JPEG/TIFF/PNG and after that just right click on it and then "Convert to PDF" but then I will like to inform you that you will get this option only if you have the Acrobat installed and if you don’t have it then get it installed and then check if it is helping you out. I think that it should solve your problem but if not then let me know so I can try to help you out with other solution.
    Hey I have sent you the file just check it out and I have also sent you the font that I am using. I have also tried to save the file as a image and after that concerting it in to the PDF and I have found that this fixes the problem but then it makes it less clearer and smoother and I want to overcome this because without rasterizing it appears to be quite well so I want it to look like it. Is it possible to do so?

I have checked your file and I have also converted the file from PS CS5 to PDF. I will like to share that I am having Acrobat X on my computer and even when I tried to print it to Adobe PDF printer using the Photoshop color profile then it was appearing to be fine. I don’t know that why are you facing this kind of problem I just wanted to know if you are using any other steps that you have not found to be working then do let me know so I can help you further.

Yes I use other steps I mean that I am having a CS4 / Acrobat 9 and I generally use the Save As method in order to create a PDF file and I do this because I have found that it embed the font into the PDF and it does not flatten the image as well and because of which I get more clear text and it maintains it even if you zoom it but then I have found that when you Print to a PDF then it might avoid the problem of the bolded text but then it does not embed the font into the PDF and it does not appear to be clear when you use it onscreen and it get worse when you zoom it and that is what I am looking for I mean that even though I rasterize it, It should look clear and even solve the bold text problem as well.

I have checked your file and I have also converted the file from PS CS5 to PDF. I will like to share that I am having Acrobat X on my computer and even when I tried to print it to Adobe PDF printer using the Photoshop color profile then it was appearing to be fine. I don’t know that why are you facing this kind of problem I just wanted to know if you are using any other steps that you have not found to be working then do let me know so I can help you further.

First of all I will like to ask abhiroopa that how did she got the files to work out by using the feature that you have he has specified because as far as I know the feature he said that worked for him has been remove for some security reasons a couple of year back.

The other thing that I wanted to share is that in this case the font that you are using might be the issue I mean just Check the fonts which will be under the document properties and you can just use the shortcut key as well “ctrl-D” just make sure that they are embedded and if not then I think that the problem that you are facing is because the fonts are not able to make it. You can also check that you have not check marked the "use local fonts" in Acrobat. Just check all these out and then let me know that if it is making any difference.

Just take a look at this:

I think that they all appear to be embedded and I have also tried to check and uncheck but then I don’t think that it is making any difference:

Yes they do look like that all the fonts are embedded but then now even I am not able to make out what is the problem. The only thing that I can suggest you to use after this is to use the text touchup tool and I will like to inform you that this text touchup tool is in the AA X so you can just use it and then select some of the bold text and then check out that what are the fonts that are getting listed and as far as I know if you are having BoldIt or Bold then it is not any kind of Acrobat issue but then it will be an Acrobat issue if there is something else than this I mean that if it is regular or something. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

Even I was facing the same issue before but then when I deleted the psd in anger and then when I tried to convert the PDF using SaveAs then I was not getting the bold text I don’t know that how come and what had actually worked for me but then it really worked out for me and later I pasted that line back to PSD and then saved it to the PDF and then the problem was gone I mean that the same issue did not appeared to occur again but then I doubt that it will stay like this because I am not sure that it is a permanent fix or temporary fix but then I am happy that I have at least solved the problem for now.

Even I was facing the same issue before but then when I deleted the psd in anger and then when I tried to convert the PDF using SaveAs then I was not getting the bold text I don’t know that how come and what had actually worked for me but then it really worked out for me and later I pasted that line back to PSD and then saved it to the PDF and then the problem was gone I mean that the same issue did not appeared to occur again but then I doubt that it will stay like this because I am not sure that it is a permanent fix or temporary fix but then I am happy that I have at least solved the problem for now.
    I think that you might be lucky because the solution that you have specified is not working for me. I did exactly what you did, I first deleted the psd and then tried to convert the PDF using SaveAs but then I was still getting the bold text. Is there any other solution that I could try?