Thread: Disappointment of Adobe reader for iPad.

Disappointment of Adobe reader for iPad.

With iOS been supporting Portable Document Format for some time, there didn’t arise an official app from the king of the PDF, Adobe. And now the release of Adobe Reader for iPad, has changed this issue. Therefore by this reason I continued to use Adobe but some Forms, links, bottoms are not been able to work with Adobe reader for ipad. Can I know the reason why?

Re: Disappointment of Adobe reader for iPad.

It is in the real sense a good question’s know the benefits of using Adobe and quite happy with it. But really don’t know the answer for this as I never came across such issue. Sorry.

I believe that Adobe's developer should come across this and try to make some improvements to make a better and advanced Adobe’s functionality to make available to the users around the globe. I can suggest for some limited application, which I know is the PDF Reader Pro. The only drawback of this application stands is its limited functionality. The presentations are really acclaimed on my side, but it can’t be used on ipads.

Adobe Reader on desktop has a key goal to unlock any applicable PDF file, not matter how difficult the contents are. As such it uses a plenty of resources and depends on certain platform features only found on desktop and laptop technology. The install trace is huge, memory utilization is major, but it doesn't matter.

at present Adobe Reader on mobile is not able to get anywhere nearer to that - not just the hardware resources not yet up to the task, but there are restrictions forced by the platform holders on which essentials can be built-in. For instance on iOS, Reader can't exhibit PDF files that enclose Flash content or embedded JavaScript, and as various forms depend on scripting, it's simpler to speak presently "feature X is not supported". Since opening all isn't a choice, the mobile editions of Adobe Reader go for lightweight installers and quick presentation, with a much-reduced characteristic set. You may disagree that's the right line to obtain, but it's what Adobe is doing. I'm confident if the app had a 500MB install track, people would be up in arms even if it did unlock each file on the planet.

There are PDF viewers for the iPad that support acroforms and have partial hold for JavaScript, with computation and submit events. From my viewpoint, even partial hold is extreme than nothing. Especially if what is and isn't supported is well documented, I don't have a issue with limited support in some areas, but I make if there's nothing. Luckily there are options, and I'm ready to compensate for them.

As I know the flash acquire some sort of limitations, but I was not familiar in terms of embedded JavaScript. But the question still persists with the PDF Reader Pro limitation.

I, as well presently loaded the latest reader for IOS5 / IPad – but I founded myself quite dissatisfied that it won't handled privileges authorized by standard PDF forms. Currently I have to visit my website and make a note to that result. I expect this will be corrected quickly.