Thread: NOt able to delete or read FLV files in Windows &

NOt able to delete or read FLV files in Windows &

Hello everybody
    As a new to this forum I don,t know where to post this thread. I had gone through the Afjal thread HOW to start new thread and then tried here. If I am wrong Mods please correct me.
    My problem is yesterday I downloaded few FLV files using IDM in windows 7. By default they saved in C drive in 'download' folder. After that I copied them in D drive. Then when i tried to delete them from C drive my notebook hangs and does not responds. Now whenever I tried to play/delete/shredd FLV files of C drive my notebooks always hangs and not responding, I have to force shutdown my notebook every time. I also used command prompt but of no use. When I select those files and tried to delete them the message comes "Prepare for delete". I have no Idea what to do. Please help me out

Thanks

Re: NOt able to delete or read FLV files in Windows &

What is the size of file you downloaded. If it i large leave the laptop till the process is completed. It will take some time to delete the file if it is a very large file. Second thing to delete this file permanently boot in safe mode by pressing F8 and then delete it. Let the system takes it time. There is a small tool called unlocker. Install this tool and then right click on the file to unlock.Then delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieJ View Post
    What is the size of file you downloaded. If it i large leave the laptop till the process is completed. It will take some time to delete the file if it is a very large file. Second thing to delete this file permanently boot in safe mode by pressing F8 and then delete it. Let the system takes it time. There is a small tool called unlocker. Install this tool and then right click on the file to unlock.Then delete it.
    Thanks Bille for your kind advice
    well there r 5 FLV files Total not more than 100 MB. After delete option I already left my laptop for full night in preparing for delete option. In morning the status was same. I also tried in safe mode but the result is same
    Now after your suggestion I used unlocker 1.8.9 and after that I m able to delete 3 out of 5 files. 2 files still remaining. while deleting these 2 files nothing happening but this time compute does not hanged. other commands r working. any other guidance.
    thanks once again.

Can you right click on the files and try to untick the "read only" options from the file if it is ticked or so. If that doesnt work then try to change the file extentions to some other things like .jpeg or something other than the .flv and then try to delete it and see if you are able to delete this flv file or not.

Thanks Viceman for your kind advice, but i m not able to right click on that.

Yesterday my friend advised me to use UBUNTU live DVD. So I booted from UBUNTU 10.04 live DVD without installation and then tried to delete those files. And to my joy at last I succeeded to get rid of those files. Thanks friends for your kind support.