Thread: Unable to sync ical/exchange in Mac OS X Lion

Unable to sync ical/exchange in Mac OS X Lion

In my case I was simply to create new appointments in iCal by double-clicking and setting dates and times. Trouble of "new event" that occur intermittently among other topics made to disappear in the update. I thought it was just a trouble with the updated iCal with Exchange server
    1. Would be in the correct place at the correct time, with the accurate name
    2. That would not be on the calendar at all, as if he never saw any change in schedule of events when syncing, and instead of synchronizing an empty calendar on the time of the event.
    3. What they have an appointment in the list, while I double click on it, called New Event.

Re: Unable to sync ical/exchange in Mac OS X Lion

I am having this exact trouble. It all started for me after switching from Mobile Me to icloud. I cannot remember what I did during installation; nevertheless I did something that tainted my settings for the account calendar. It was kind of synchronization with the choice of other calendars, nevertheless I'm not 100% convinced of that. It was from that moment on I started having these troubles in Exchange.

The really strange thing is that I am only experiencing this trouble in a single device (just happens to be my team where I have to work seamlessly Exchange). Other people in my office (with Lion installed, but icloud have not changed yet) have this trouble.

An event created in iCal (OS X 10.7.2) is not recorded correctly in Exchange. In Exchange (seen through the web interface), the event is displayed as "New Event", but sometimes iCal retains the original details. Sometimes the details are removed and the message "New Event". In both cases, my iPhone 3G (iOS 5), which is configured to "push" Exchange calendar events, is well synchronized with Exchange, that is, if the Exchange web interface shows "New Event", then iPhone shows "New Event" whatever iCal sample. Drag and drop to move iCal events usually fails, the event moved to the new time, for a while, then returns to its original position. This is for events created in iCal sync with Exchange.

Interestingly, however, events created on iPhone and pushed back to more reliable job change. The event details are properly recorded and re-programming of works as well.

What complicates the mystery here is that I was not able to reproduce the troubles iCal / Exchange on my Mac mini, which has the same operating system and account information. Finally, co-workers using Outlook for Mac and Outlook Web Access are also seeing anomalies Exchange calendar, which makes me wonder if modify is at smallest amount part of the trouble

I have also the trouble with calendar events will be called "New Event". This does not happen when events are twisted on the iPhone, only when created in iCal. This is an Exchange 2010 account. Maybe he's linked to Exchange 2010? I had the trouble when we were still in 2007.

Same troubles here. It becomes a new fact is an event all day. In Exchange 2010 and just upgraded to icloud.anybody here who can help me

I thought that if I make my appointments in Exchange however always remain. I have about a 50% chance if I keep in iCal. Otherwise, I have a lot of 'event’. Maybe there is a solution in 10.7.3?

I talked to my IT department today and say they have heard this exact "New Event" complains about everything, but people who have upgraded to Lion in our office. He said that everyone has complained icloud moved to Mobile Me. They also listen to some people who have "New Event" troubles with Outlook.

They say Microsoft is also trying to locate the trouble and hopes of a future patch / fix might help. Microsoft told our IT department have been successful in setting 1 in 7 of these issues, and recognizes that this is not a satisfactory result, so keep working. They claim they are not sure if it's an Exchange trouble or a trouble with Apple. I had the pleasure of listening to Microsoft (at least the representatives that we are working) does not point fingers.

Greetings to all!

I have the same annoying problems with my iCal (Lion 10.7.2)
    Any news on this topic?