Thread: Association of extensions of file after installing nero 11.

Association of extensions of file after installing nero 11.

I installed Nero 11 Platinum with Kwik Media these days but chosen not to associate file extensions. I tested the application. It was quite nice. At present I wish to associate file extensions. I ran the installer once more and confirmed that choice in the installer. But it came to my notice that it did nothing. My previous applications are still associated to the extensions. I am not able to fix it. Please provide a solution for the same.

Re: Association of extensions of file after installing nero 11.

To try this, move to Default Programs in Control Panel. You can either choose to set the default program for a particular file extension yourself or it can be done through selecting a program taking over all file extensions that it is capable of opening. Make certain for the windows help if you get in a problem.

You may know the extensions for particular files. You can set it by yourself. Try the file by opening on all available installed media platforms. But for this your extensions should be correct. The particular player will play it when it supports it. Normally videos with .avi extensions are played in all types of formats. The nero also might be supporting it.

I suppose you to use KwikMedia.exe to add KM to your default programs when you changed the .avi connection. If are insisting in setting the associations yourself, I'm fearful you require to uninstall KM and then perform a reinstall\modify of Nero 11 again through the Control Panel and make sure you mark the file links during the install. The default program needs software to be registered to come into view in the register and that is usually completed at the time of installation. There is a likely registry edit that you might do but I don't have an idea if it would work.

Try by Right-Click on file that you would to link with KM, select "Open with" line in the pull-down menu: a window will unlock, like to that in your next post. I suppose you will not see KwikMedia, but you possess a Pushbutton "Search", Click there and look through to "C:\programs\Nero\KM\KwikMedia" or "C:\program(x86)\Nero\KM\KwikMedia" and choose it. At this point you contain Nero KwikMedia in the register of existing programs. Select it, confirm the check box in the base left pane of the window with clicking "OK". currently you have Nero KM as normal program for the file type you select, and next instance you repeat this process you will come across Nero Kwik Media in the window where you chosen it.

After being Re-installed KM and video extensions has been linked, except photo hasn't been linked with KM. as well the avi file format I required to be opened in the control panel with KM has a different icon.

Okay I set it in Control Panel\Default Programs, currently KM seems in the list and I can link it to images and videos effectively. But I've observed at times at the time of screening a video or a picture if you click in the "K" button it hangs in the loop forever and doesn't release the editor or the movie player. I have to destroy KM in task manager.

I used the KwikMedia.exe I refer to which is only available in one path, depending on its 32 bit or 64 bit. For 32 bit, it's Program Files. For 64 bit, it's Program Files(x86).trying this I fixed the icon problem going to, default programs in the control panel. but later. My issue at present is KM hangs in a loop at times when I adjust from the miniplayer to the big player. The problem also occurs at the time of adjusting images from the viewer to the editor.