Thread: Snapz Pro X DVD Screen capture Software unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

Snapz Pro X DVD Screen capture Software unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

I cannot understand me. I've been using Snapz Pro X to capture DVD images in the past, but since the upgrade to Lion and software upgrade Snapz Pro X 2.3.1 to support Lion I realized that I cannot do screenshots screen of the DVD movie. Just a blank chessboard. Is there anyone here who happens to be the use Snapz Pro X running on the identical troubles I am having to take screenshots of DVD in Lion? I've been in contact by means of Ambrosia and I have a respond soon.

Re: Snapz Pro X DVD Screen capture Software unable to work in Mac OS X Lion

Exactly the same trouble here with the lion running 2.3.1 on a Mac Pro (Early 2008). I be able to play sounds, nevertheless only a chess board for the screen capture area.

I learned that Apple has been pulling the digital rights management (DRM) reigns very hard with the lion. It is a definite no go for any DVD screenshot (nothing) through iTunes or DVD player.

The best option is to use VLC. I downloaded and while VLC is a slight pain in the butt sometimes Snapz Pro X works again.

This is horrible, what is the point that the software then. You can only return to Snow Leopard, the same has happened with the final draft of a piece of screen writer’s software. You should go to Apple, $ 30 donated to shit.

Yes I thought this is the case thanks for mentioning Tony been using VLC VLC and support for years. It works well for me. Final Draft text-based think I'm not sure why Snapz Pro X would not work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooghavanth View Post
    Yes I thought this is the case thanks for mentioning Tony been using VLC VLC and support for years. It works well for me. Final Draft text-based think I'm not sure why Snapz Pro X would not work for you?
    Lion is not the universal application support such as Final Draft 7, which was intended on the PPC platform. Snapz Pro X works but does not work with DVDs that are of a major studio or even from DVDs that I produce (not to say that it would catch my own content on the DVD player). VLC works at random, sometimes wish there was more support for it.

I have the same problem. I used to use Snapz hard to take screenshots summary for your personal use. I see that Ambrosia has a FAQ that Leon breaks the ability to take screenshots from DVDs or other media "protected." So you can explain how people do things differently VLC? (Does that mean that the video playback with VLC and can capture Snapz?)

This does not make much sense to me, because I thought the idea was that Snapz is only capturing the screen pixels. Guess not, huh? I am also puzzled by what Lion wants to get involved in digital rights issues at any level. Specific suggestions on how to capture video would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how it works, but it works. I am also considering using Mac the Ripper to see if doing that might actually help capture him.

VLC works much like DVD, but it has some bugs. You can use QuickTime full screen capture only need to back about 5 seconds. of the things you want to capture what is a floating menu, the play button, etc. I hope this makes sense, is the only work to about Ambrose is an alternative or back to Snow Leopard.

I do not understand these posts! VLC play video like QuickTime Player, but the trouble is not playing, but video capture of the screen. Snapz is a screen capture utility. VLC can capture video screen? I've used it as a player, but I knew I could not grasp.

Note that the parking brake (so far) still extracts the entire DVD in Lion. So if you want to capture either a "chapter", or an entire vine, hand brake will work fine. However, the user interface Handbrake is an arduous task at best and videos many do not practice are divided into "chapters". Wait an hour to rip DVD movies and everything is pretty difficult if all you need is 15 seconds of it.

As for still images used to copy SnapZPro (eg, documents, images, etc in open or on the desktop), the current version (2.3.2) does not work in Lion. For example, will do nothing when you try to paste a Snapz snapshot in Word 2011. (The same goes for pasting into Photoshop CS3, which is now considered legacy ware!) Ambrosia knows and advises re v. 2.3.1 which is available on its website (although I had to look).

The important piece of information is that apparently is DVD player that creates the problem of Snapz. Suppose you have a DVD player "hook" to Leon or VLC, or the parking brake seem to share. Thanks for the tip, I'll try.

And I hope that the people gathered in Ambrosia can avoid this in some way. I do not see how Big Brother has any kind of business around making the screenshot of my computer.