Thread: How to reinstall Quicken on Mac OS X Lion

How to reinstall Quicken on Mac OS X Lion

My whole Quicken application is now ineffective. I'm sure it's a backup file from Time Machine (backup before installing Lion), nevertheless it seems that my Quicken 2003 (Built for Mac OS X) is not acceptable. Do I have to pay money for a new version? Re-install the 2003 version?

Re: How to reinstall Quicken on Mac OS X Lion

I'm afraid the news is grim. You cannot buy a version of Quicken 2003 or Quicken 2007 will work with the lion and I agree that Quicken for Mac Basics is only a shadow of Quicken 2007. I went to iBank4 and so far has worked for me. So I did before upgrading to Lion to import data from Quicken 2007 to iBank4 and then work a little before going to Lion. I have not found a explanation out there that allow you to import financial data directly from a previous version of Quicken 200x for iBank4 modern financial or other program while in Lion. You may have to return to Snow Leopard to do that, and then go back to Lion again. If anyone has a better solution would be great to share.

I was told by Apple support is bad for me, but Quicken will not work with the operating system Lion! I was told to call the service of Quicken. The Lion operating system upgrade will actually cost much more than what Apple charges and now to buy a new financial software - not Quicken. I bought iBank 4, but cannot transfer information from Quicken, since did not export before upgrading to OS Lion.

If you are willing to trade their time for money you cannot cost more since they have already iBank4. If you still have the installation disks of Snow Leopard.

Quicken did before going to iBank4 Leon and found that the import Quicken 2007 data iBank4 Finacial was easy. The only thing I would do differently would be to think more carefully about the amount of financial history that really needed to transfer. I moved 14 years of data and that was uncomfortable. If I had to do it again I would just five years or the maximum that the IRS would require if it were to be audited.

I think the old Quicken files should still be on my hard drive after upgrading to Lion, right? Why do I have to uninstall Lion in order to extract the files to migrate iBank4?

The trouble is that Quicken will launch at all on Leon. The import into another program requires funding to launch what can export your data. Somehow, you have to get a environment Quicken where you can launch and then export the data.

By the way, iBank4 allows you a free download and trial period and has a manual of 423 pages in line with a very good explanation of how to import data from Quicken.

I do not know if it has done nothing about importing data from an previous version of Quicken 2007, but I had by now bought and upgraded to Quicken Essentials, not realize that Quicken 2007 (along with many other older programs) not even unlock in Lion os.so that I could make positive I could save and archive my data before upgrading to the Fundamentals of Quicken.

I thought I was out of luck, nevertheless it turns out all my old data from the Bank and other connected information data can be imported extremely well in Fundamentals of Quicken and did the whole thing almost completely. I do not keep in mind accurately how I imagined all this, nevertheless I suppose it was exposed to all in the installation and upgrade process, or that I got the information from the Quicken website - either way was not as complicated as the problem seems to be portrayed in this topic. I just realized that there is a menu 'Help' in the window that specifically details how to convert data from Quicken Mac and it was quite simple.

This makes choosing Quicken Apple are bad people. Millions and millions of Mac users are stuck, unable to upgrade for the reason that a key application does not work in Lion. If I were Apple is putting immense pressure on Intuit for a practical version of Quicken and running in Lion.

I recommend looking at Money Dance certainly more than iBank. It is the only alternative that supports classes / tags, so if you use iBank is useless. I spent time with her and is condemned impressive, but it’s still reporting options give the Q2007 (or even 1997) provides, so it does not work for me yet.

At this point, I have an Excel sheet began to observe how it works for me. Actually do not desire to go through a reinstall of Snow Leopard. My requirements are quite simple, nevertheless I've spent years with Quicken and prefer that format. I will look into essential, but if you have categories, lists and reports faster, I think I'll wait and see if they come through Intuit. I really appreciate your help!

Let’s not go overboard here; Quicken is one of the a lot of personal finance applications, produced by a company that supports Mac has never been superior, it's disappeared now, OK. $ 70 or less to fix that, and even though I do not like paying for something that was already covered, that's life.Intuit'm free now, we do all that, perhaps paying attention

The new question is this first version you just say yes, but you need to accelerate new store available only application of a lion. You have to buy the new app store, if you upgraded to a lion. is just another way to partition the drive and load the lion in the partition, and then when you want to update old snow boot speed .