Thread: Twain Sane won’t work in Mac OS X Lion

Twain Sane won’t work in Mac OS X Lion

Twain interface of Mattias Ellert Sane does not work correctly in Lion. In Graphic Converter, this does not appear. The image capture, preview button works, nevertheless the scan button does not work, except perhaps with the way text and tiff format.

If SANE drivers are still there (installing snow leopard, Lion, not a clean install this time), scan image command in Terminal is still operational and be able to scan a full A4 document, for example, then modify it is with other Software.

Code:
    /usr/local/bin/scanimage --mode Color --format tiff --resolution 600  > scanimage.tiff

Re: Twain Sane won’t work in Mac OS X Lion

First I tried to capture images directly. I noticed that when I used the button "Mask of the details," worked exploration, only one option A4 and U.S. Letter, and produces a document witch open jpeg preview Apple in the second time (curiously, not the first time I tried). No resizing is available. 10.7.1 Improves or I forget to try the button

Then I tried the File menu Graphic Converter - Cycle> with image capture. It is the preview, but also with or without the details, with the option "Scan to Graphic Converter" there is an error message "Dossier d'importation is not accessible" in the French version (No such file import is available). Nevertheless nothing happens when trying to "choose the Twain source"

Preview the works, but only if you click "show details". If I ask for details and then scan. I am capable to acquire a distorted image. Image Capture - also works but only if asked to 'show details

I tried to reinstall the Twain Sane interface of Lion with this Linux link. I have nothing new-fangled. Twain sane interface is not seen by Graphic Converter. The rest is the same as yours, apart from my preview is right and deformation free.

I'm not sure if PS and PS items are the same, but the scanner works perfectly full version of Photoshop is actually the same reason indicated -. To locate the music I've downloaded this game plug-in legacy. And put the legacy TWAIN plug-in in the folder Adobe Photoshop> Plug-ins the scanner demonstrate that the subsequently instance I started PS, no difficulty at all.

The legacy TWAIN plug the scanner immediately found in Photoshop! That also helped me not having to rely on Image Capture or Preview, which was / is giving me a distorted analysis for some strange reason

Maybe I've worked at this point and can be a program worth having, but in any case, I solved the trouble without having to disburse money for it.

SANE found for LION built by Bob Rost. Be careful to install! Works of the Terminal and LibreOffice well. Distorted image capture and Graphic Converter as others have mentioned for most values .to 50 DPI and 7.46 "wide work. Configuring Plustek configuration file made no difference could be discerned. Image capture; choose Hide details are functioning appropriately, nevertheless with fewer options.

You just construct packages of Lion from Mattias Ellert sources, nevertheless it might be essential for these sources to fit Lion, or perhaps an update of Lion would necessitate SANE drivers. We might have to wait some time.

I was not persuaded of his concern to "be watchful not to obliterate the inside of the accessible directory to replica files from SANE." So I was afraid of replacing the originals. Well, then, a nonsense, I uninstalled and removed all SANE files.

Now, do not yet know how to help myself for the reason that if I attempt to copy the files. Usr / local / bin and usr / local matter still exists after replacing

Code:
    you may necessitate to add / usr / local / bin to your PATH. Add this to your  /. Profile 
    export PATH = $ PATH ": / usr / local / bin" 
    or declare-x PATH = $ PATH ": / usr / local / bin"

The first two commands in the Terminal just make visible the invisible files in the Finder. There is a small UNIX program ShowAllFiles floating around can be used instead of writing the first two lines in the terminal. Download it and just click the Show and will make all files visible the invisible, then go to / usr

Then move all other files in the Finder. drag and drop. If you have an existing local folder, you need to move carefully each subfolder, either there (same name), you will need to move files to folders in the same name. That many have to enter your password multiple times. Then, back in Terminal write the export lines and tells the computer that there are binaries available there.

Code:
    cd /usr    (HIT RETURN)
        open .   (HIT RETURN) 
    ~/.profile   (HIT RETURN)
              export PATH=$PATH":/usr/local/bin   (HIT RETURN)

This is not surprising, since it said it had deleted the files of SANE.Re-install them with either Bob Rost files, or packages of Filip Huska (I think it is easier with the packages)

In the second case, you must install libusb first, then sane-backends, then healthy TWAIN interface, then the preference pane. After you have done, attempt the Terminal command scan image or straight attempt scanning with picture capture "conceal details".