Thread: Team feature was removed from VMware workstation 8

Team feature was removed from VMware workstation 8

While I appreciate that you have given some of the "Device Specifications" for the VM's former team has not occurred a net loss of functionality here that is hard to swallow. I make use of computers to send packets only VMware lab for developers. It was so unforced previous to, to build a absolute, copy the

That could easily have added a new set of characteristics associated virtual machines are not without removing the superior ability grouping and management that existed previously. I hope and pray that there is sufficient reaction to this new addition, but doubt I'll have much luck here. Likely to return to the workstation 7 myself, my company and let the update of the versions to developers and based on the paradigm of both computer configuration.

Re: Team feature was removed from VMware workstation 8

So, now I'm using it more, it is clear that this change was not well thought out. In order to get my (former partner) machines in my home folder in the correct order (Domain Controller -> SQL Server -> Application Server -> Client test) the name of the machine has to be in order Alphabetical like I want it to start. That's stupid, but not bad, is what it is. So I went to each virtual machine and change the names to put the numbers on the front.

Therefore, "DC1" is now "01. DC1" and "App1" is now "03. App1", etc. However, when I tried to implement all of them, still starts at the age alphabeticall order. In order to get it to boot properly, I had to change the name of all virtual machines, and then completely out of workstation and restart the application of the new-fangled machine to be established. This is crazy. Please accurate this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Gania View Post
    So, now I'm using it more, it is clear that this change was not well thought out. In order to get my (former partner) machines in my home folder in the correct order (Domain Controller -> SQL Server -> Application Server -> Client test) the name of the machine has to be in order Alphabetical like I want it to start. That's stupid, but not bad, is what it is. So I went to each virtual machine and change the names to put the numbers on the front.

Therefore, "DC1" is now "01. DC1" and "App1" is now "03. App1", etc. However, when I tried to implement all of them, still starts at the age alphabeticall order. In order to get it to boot properly, I had to change the name of all virtual machines, and then completely out of workstation and restart the application of the new-fangled machine to be established. This is crazy. Please accurate this nonsense.
    I do not think that is correct. The VMS should be on the same order they appear in the library. (It seems that changing the order does not immediately change the boot order without closing and reopening the tab of the folder that is a mistake.)

The delay system has always been a hack. Not really know how much of a delay to give each virtual machine, whether it will be enough for the virtual machine to finish booting, if you are too long to start taking more time than necessary. For any form of fine-grained control, scripts must be much more flexible and powerful.

Yes, that's something you know and were miserable to acquire rid of it. We expect to make some improvement here (and in the network settings of the VM in general) in the future.

Since its inception in Workstation 5, the function of the equipment has been a constant source of headaches for us. Often breaks down when trying to add new features and their existence is often broke new features themselves (for each new function, which we had to consider how they interact with a computer). It is not so trivial to add new features to only non-associated virtual machines. What if you are using a new feature in a virtual machine and then become a member of a team? Why is it that some of the features suddenly become unavailable if you make a virtual machine from a member of a team? (And if it is true that already have similar restrictions in some cases (e.g. virtual machines share), with more modes with different sets of restrictions makes things even more confusing.)

In addition, since its inception in Workstation 5, we have received many complaints and requests for features of the different equipment available to virtual machine in general (especially the miniatures and the configuration of packet loss). The sum of these capabilities along with the application of existing equipment would have been a nightmare.

We regret that the new functionality not fully recovered from his old pattern of use, and we hope to address persistent gaps (in particular the network material), but we believe that the current approach is best for everyone in the long run.

Correct me if I'm wrong and please keep in mind that I am no expert in this field, but that sounds like a lot of spherical objects or bovine manure. Working in teams (or vApps) ESX at work very well and make good use of them to step on and off of my virtual environment. For the reasons stated above, we can infer that;

Before EAMS vApps. vApps are kind of similar to workstation equipment, but have a completely different application.

Not so much the argument that some of the items of equipment are not useful (and we've tried to put most of them in the work station 8), but the execution was a constant frustration for developers. Sorry if you do not find that credible, but you can ask any developer who has worked with VMware teams, and they'll say the same.

In addition, ESX does not support many features that makes workstation (so if you share a virtual machine on your workstation, some functions are restricted), so you do not have some of the same design headaches to figure out how these interoperate with vApps features. In addition, ESX and Workstation audiences are different (although there is considerable overlap, especially with Station 8). So when things do not work very well together, the people of ESX probably in a better position to support its smaller user base (which I also expected more likely to have paid support), but that's not something workstation can afford to do as easily.Finally, vApps work best in an environment where DRS is available rather than on a single desktop.