Thread: iCal in Mac OS X Lion is really slow

iCal in Mac OS X Lion is really slow

It takes one or two minutes to respond to keyboard input. All functions are blocked iCal until then. Is this a known trouble and no solution for this? I changed my iCal dock icon with the original application. I also publish my private calendar so you can sync with my MacBook Air.

Re: iCal in Mac OS X Lion is really slow

Quote Originally Posted by Parnell View Post
    It takes one or two minutes to respond to keyboard input. All functions are blocked iCal until then. Is this a known trouble and no solution for this? I changed my iCal dock icon with the original application. I also publish my private calendar so you can sync with my MacBook Air.
    Same here, I fear, took 15 minutes to add 10 events. Even jumps back a week at random.

I have the identical trouble. I can create an event, and then closes for about 30 seconds, and then I have only enough time to do another event before it stops again. Any suggestions or work around?

I had the same trouble, and I just updated Appigo sync with all that I am using to synchronize with iCal. This seems to have solved the trouble, so maybe it has to do with a compatibility matter third party? Seems to have been well with me.

I have this same trouble. When I click on a new event, it takes 20 seconds to thaw iCal etc to edit the times for that event. Sometimes, even the lid locks the page. It's really annoying - I had no problems with the old iCal,

But I like this new at all. I would look for something else, but there would be no way to sync with the iPhone that is what actually depends. Add events to my iPhone and then sync it would in reality be faster than using iCal on my Mac now.

Mine is quite slow. What is really annoying is that nothing seems to sync! If I add an event on my iPhone that is not shown on my Macbook and via versa or Mobile Me. No values have changed. Very frustrating.

Identical trouble! iCal is tremendously sluggish! And events that recognize my iPhone iCal is not registered.

I fixed my trouble with my export each calendar to a safe location, then delete all calendars from the new events and then import the new ones. For me the problem was that my Imac in Snow Leopard could publish a calendar to mobile me a private web calendar, nevertheless the laptop with the lion could not cursed.

I could not stop the synchronization problem in another way rather than removing all the calendars and let web publishing a private calendar. All erase the cache, etc, etc is not solved for me. At least it works now.

Quit iCal, and attempt to delete the file com.apple.iCal.plist Macintosh HD / Users / username / Library / Preferences folder. Since the Library is concealed, you have to make use of the Finder> Go Menu> Click the "option" key> Library. Drag them. Plist to your desktop, and log in / out or restart and check iCal functionality.

I know the answer, I took my mobile me cal dav. In fact, clear all the entries that scared me, but then readied all (I guess Mobile Me) and now everything works fine, no blockages. There was a trouble with sharing when we went to Lion. Try this and need to fix it!

As noted by others, the solution is to enter the password for your published calendars. Click the Calendar button and click the minute icon to the right of it. Then click "modify location". Enter your password and click publishes. That should resolve the freezing point.

In my case, I did not want to publish it anyway, so then click each calendar, and click No post - but still had to enter my password before it would work.