Thread: VMware 4.6, Gemalto and win 7

VMware 4.6, Gemalto and win 7

I am trying to establish a two-factor authentication to a virtual desktop 2. VMware backend things I have already set up. The trouble I am having on my machine seems to physics and how the client accesses the Vista Gemalto cards. I am able to access / configure the cards through the web interface Gemalto and diagnostic tools show no mistake. on the other hand, when using the client view, it fails straight away saying "The connection of sight connection to the server failed. Smart card or certificate authentication is necessary."

I have knowledge this on a pc and a terminal. The computer unit has an internal card reader analytical test Gemalto composed

Code:
    reader :  Broadcom Corp Contacted SmartCard 0
    Connect to card : No Card Detected
     Reader :  Gemplus USB Smart Card Reader 0
    Connect to card :Card Present
    ATR (length 9 bytes): 3B 16 96 41 73 74 72 69 64

Re: VMware 4.6, Gemalto and win 7

Do you support installation with Smart Card Agent Vista? It is enabled by default.

I think it's not even get to that point, however. Check the client dies as soon as I connected. We never seem able to access information on the card. Honestly not keep in mind an option for smart cards in the agent configuration. I just keep in mind turning on the USB redirection. How can I check?

Quote Originally Posted by Ooghavanth View Post
    I think it's not even get to that point, however. Check the client dies as soon as I connected. We never seem able to access information on the card. Honestly not keep in mind an option for smart cards in the agent configuration. I just keep in mind turning on the USB redirection. How can I check?
    It's not even get to that point. Check the client dies as soon as I connected. We never seem able to access information on the card.

You do not have to redirect the USB card reader to the virtual machine must be able to share with the client.Would you mind to post the log files?

What records would you like to see? Sorry, I'm new to this type of configuration of the system up.This is outside the firewall.

Code:
    10:43:43,396 INFO <2232> [ws_TunnelService] Log for VMware View Security Server, version = 4.6.0 build 366,101
    10:43:43,396 INFO <2232> [ws_TunnelService] hostname = Idc2-caeVsec-2
    10:43:43,396 WARN [J] (Request15) no connection test AJP: com.vmware.vdi.ob.tunnelservice.dy: Unable to write data to the server: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket error write
    14:41:15,327 WARN [J] (Request19) no connection test AJP: com.vmware.vdi.ob.tunnelservice.dy: Unable to write data to the server: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket error write

Here are the client logs.
    Code:
    08:41:02,741 INFO  <3856> [wswc] Log for VMware View Client, version=4.6.0 build-366101
    08:41:02,741 INFO  <3856> [wswc] hostname=blv-smrtcd-01.caeglobal.com
    08:40:57,500 INFO  <TimerService> [wswc_tunnel] Tunnel Unnamed: Client is disconnecting the tunnel on no activity timeout
    08:41:02,741 INFO  <DesktopWindow> [wswc_rdp] The connection to the remote computer ended.
    08:41:02,757 INFO  <TimerService> [wswc_tunnel] Tunnel Unnamed: Client session will timeout in 5 minutes
    08:41:02,757 INFO  <TimerService> [MessageFrameWork] Aborting channel on missing keep

This can be a modest more specific. These are my last two efforts to login. At this point of view is the client does not seem to be familiar with the card reader or at least the certificate on the card. The error I'm getting is when I try to login is "The View connection server connection. Smart Certificate card or authentication is required." What is the message prelogin you're asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurod View Post
    This can be a modest more specific. These are my last two efforts to login. At this point of view is the client does not seem to be familiar with the card reader or at least the certificate on the card. The error I'm getting is when I try to login is "The View connection server connection. Smart Certificate card or authentication is required." What is the message prelogin you're asking?
    The warning on the message prelogin means nothing. Please appraisal. It will guide you through the process of solving this trouble.

Code:
    11:43:57,169 DEBUG 05/10/2011 [Wswc_http] HttpSendRequest returned ERROR_INTERNET_CLIENT_AUTH_CERT_NEEDED.
    However, the certificate is loaded into the personal store when you insert the card it seems you have a problem of middleware

I'm still working it. Can anyone tell me if the error message "The View Connection Client Server Connection Error. Certificate smart card or authentication is required." is different when there is no certificate on the card or the card has a certificate incompatible