Thread: MS Licensing and VMware View 4.6

MS Licensing and VMware View 4.6

After long hours, I didn't discover pertinent information’s concerning the MS Licensing. in point of fact, I have 50 users and workstations running under Windows XP (OPEN agreement, the licenses are in XP "Volume licenses"), I believe it is probable to create the PTV of my XP computer and in order to then replace the computer by the thin clients.

I have looked on Microsoft site, nevertheless their PDF are not talking about my present situation in which I am.Should you imagine I can reimburse more MS licenses? Should I pay money for new licenses or VDA VECD licenses? I am looking for feedback on the implementation of VDI and MS Licensing.

Re: MS Licensing and VMware View 4.6

Quote Originally Posted by Man!nox View Post
    After long hours, I didn't discover pertinent information’s concerning the MS Licensing. in point of fact, I have 50 users and workstations running under Windows XP (OPEN agreement, the licenses are in XP "Volume licenses"), I believe it is probable to create the PTV of my XP computer and in order to then replace the computer by the thin clients.

I have looked on Microsoft site, nevertheless their PDF are not talking about my present situation in which I am.Should you imagine I can reimburse more MS licenses? Should I pay money for new licenses or VDA VECD licenses? I am looking for feedback on the implementation of VDI and MS Licensing.
    But then again the MS info is not 100% clear to me. Take it for what it's worth.

Essentially, if the client is using Windows covered by SA, it sounds like you are OK. If the client does not have SA (volume license without SA, OEM Windows, thin client, etc.), you need VDA at $120/client/year.