Thread: No ilife, hdd replaced, orginal Mac OS X Lion

No ilife, hdd replaced, orginal Mac OS X Lion

I purchased my imac in late august, had issues with the SSD, they replaced it conversely upon using lion installer my iLife applications are not downloading from the App Store. How do I get back these?

On the whole the iMac came with Lion; the drive was blank, attempt Command-R nevertheless no dice. I tried creating a lion recovery drive from a 2011 iMac that I have at work that formerly had Snow Leopard, nevertheless again still no luck.

Re: No ilife, hdd replaced, orginal Mac OS X Lion

1. After installation, start from Lion.
    2. Double-click the App Store icon in the dock.
    3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
    4. Click Purchases.

If you haven't beforehand established your bundled iLife applications within the Mac App Store, you be supposed to observe your iLife applications come into view in the Accept portion of the display. Click Accept. You might be asked for your Apple ID and password once more.

Trouble with that is, the iMacs don’t seem to respond to the Internet Recovery method. The drive was entirely blank no bare OS or something. i held down COMMAND R with a agitated keyboard and just flashed the folder icon.

I had a comparable with my brand new-fangled Mac mini. The 3 iLife '11 apps were incorporated with the new mini, but when Apple Care had me erase the drive and reinstall Lion, the apps were gone.

I visited my local Apple Store and pointed out the trouble to them and they reinstalled all 3 apps on my new-fangled mini on the spot. If you can't acquire anywhere with the online App Store and you're not too far from a local Apple Store that may be another option for you.

Well regardless, I’m curious why if a Mac that came with Lion doesn’t have the internet recovery feature built in when the drive gets swapped & wiped?

The drive was replaced by the apple store, not a immense place for service Well .in view of the fact that it should have had lion on there still blank none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by DIMINUTIVE! View Post
    Well regardless, I’m curious why if a Mac that came with Lion doesn’t have the internet recovery feature built in when the drive gets swapped & wiped?

The drive was replaced by the apple store, not a immense place for service Well .in view of the fact that it should have had lion on there still blank none the less.
    Attempt booting while holding (Command+Option+R)

If you have a Mac with a wireless keyboard you should wait a few seconds before pressing and holding the keys after you first observe the light grey boot screen. You’ll be acquainted with that you are in Internet Recovery when you observe a spinning globe.

I purchased a 15" Macbook pro with Lion preinstalled as well; I’m wondering if I can just use the recovery feature there through Target Disk Mode? Or will that have an impact on the registration of the iMac, etc?

for example if i upgrade the HDD in MBP from an HDD to an SSD will it say you have already downloaded and installed the iLife suite, or are the versions of Lion specific to each machine, etc?

If that is the case and you want to install Lion, then: On the MBP, Re-D/L Lion by option-clicking the Purchased Tab. Do not install Lion, but make an Install USB: And use it to install Lion on the iMac.

This won't acquire back your iLife suite, on the other hand (you'll necessitate to contact Apple care for that)