Thread: How to disallow certain client platforms in VMware View 4.6

How to disallow certain client platforms in VMware View 4.6

For the reason that Pocket Cloud allows users to store your passwords in connection profiles on their devices, we desire to put off someone from connecting to our system with this application. Is it possible to configure a broker or a firewall to not allow connections from a particular client application or an operating system?

Re: How to disallow certain client platforms in VMware View 4.6

Nothing that I know, nevertheless I observe your point. What if it takes two-factor authentication for external users?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyna View Post
    Nothing that I know, nevertheless I observe your point. What if it takes two-factor authentication for external users?
    I do not know if this will assist, nevertheless you can lock RDP 3389 TCP-based clients who come by blocking firewalls in DMZ. This only allows you to PCoIP-based clients. In this case, the RDP client users will still be able to log on to Vista, nevertheless will not be capable to access any virtual desktop in your data center.

Two factors are thinking about a draft Q1, primarily to ensure this and other Internet resources are facing. Then at least if users use Pocket Cloud also need to provide a token code every time.

Blocking RDP can help others, but we need because we had an incompatibility between the ThinPrint solution package that is part of VMware Tools, and one of our applications.

We had to turn and use another TP universal print solution that only works via RDP. If not allowed RDP, our hitting people from the internet Vista cannot print. Maybe if / when that gets sorted, it could be feasible for us.

Also, if you cannot block the end-user RDP application only use VMware View? If I remember in the approved manner, this application allows you to save your credentials as well.

Quote Originally Posted by !Shea! View Post
    Also, if you cannot block the end-user RDP application only use VMware View? If I remember in the approved manner, this application allows you to save your credentials as well.
    The technology preview of the Android application for the password each time, and there seems to be a "Save my password". Need to verify the implementation of IOS .do not know about the top of my head.

Let me know what you find. My client See iPad not asks me my password, but it's been a while since I created it. I cannot remember if it forces you to save the password or not.

I checked when I got home. Client View ipad not force you to save your password, but it gives you an option to save the password you type when you connect.

Where an establishment does not set forth in the administrative user interface that no one has mentioned yet, it appears that two factors are really the only answer for us. At least at the time, even if the device and the token is lost in the same bag, it would be a bad person would have to reach both the PIN to unlock the device, and also the PIN of the card.

I would love to see some sort of administrative control of the operating systems and clients that can connect to the eye. Also the ability to detect and reject passwords stored would be nice.

The most recent in this field would record this information all along with the name of the machine / device used to connect.