Thread: Office 2010 cannot open files

Office 2010 cannot open files

Hi folks,

Sorry to bother you, hopefully there's a simple explanation for this and it won't take long.

I installed Office 2010 from a disk, activated it, all the programs are working.

But whenever I try to open a word document in Word it gives me a 'The file xxx is not available.' error message and opens a blank document. Doesn't matter whether it's a file from another version of Word or one I just made, the same thing happens for Excel and Powerpoint and such.

Not really sure why this is happening, I don't think I did anything wrong during setup.

Oh and I can open the files with Microsoft works or Notebook just fine.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to fix it? It makes working somewhat tricky as I'm sure you can imagine...

Thanks in advance

Re: Office 2010 cannot open files

if you are surer that you are not making any mistakes while opening files then there maybe fault with your office 2010. maybe it got corrupted with some malware functions. try to reinstall it and see if the same issue arriving again or not. i hope this will help you.

blush Office 2010 Not Working Correctly

I downloaded a copy of Microsoft Office 2010 from Microsoft.Com last year. I subsequently purchased the Product Key for the program so that I could still use Microsoft Office 2010 after the trial period had expired.

No I am finding that I can't open files by double-clicking, and when I try to go to the Control Panel to associate the file with Microsoft Word, or Excel, or whatever, I can't even FIND Microsoft Office offered in the list. I had tried finding the program using the Browse feature, but I can't find it listed in my programs.

Also, lately, Office Outlook has been acting up ... closing by itself ... not responding ... freezing on an email double-click.

In the past I had been able to fix problems like this by doing a reinstall of the product with a disk, but as I had downloaded this software, I have no disk.

What shall I do now?