Thread: How to enable .Net Framework 3.5.1 in windows 8

How to enable .Net Framework 3.5.1 in windows 8

I have recently installed windows 8 on my computer and the problem I am facing is that when I am trying to install any application then it is asking for .Net Framework 3.5.1 and whenever I am trying to enable it then I am getting an error message because of which I am not able install any applications needing .Net Framework 3.5.1.Is there anyone who has faced the same and have an idea about the same. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

re: How to enable .Net Framework 3.5.1 in windows 8

Even I was facing the same problem before when I was trying to install the applications that need .Net Framework 3.5.1.I will suggest you to install all the applications that you want through the windows update and then the application that will need .Net Framework 3.5.1 will ask you to install it and then you just have to click on the ok and then through the windows update it will install it and then you will be able to launch the application as well. Just try it out and then let me know if it helps and if not then I will try to help you with other solutions. Best of luck.

I am facing the same problem and I have come across people who have suggested that the above step works when you try it for 2 to 3 times so I just wanted to say that I don’t know that how this solution had worked for them because I have already tried to install all the updates and then when it had asked me to install the Net Framework 3.5.1 then I clicked on ok and then the downloading procedure had started as well but then after a while the process failed. I have performed the same steps for a no of times but then it is just not working for me. Is there any step that I might have missed out? Any further help will be appreciated.

I am not sure whether trying out the above solution for some no of times is working out and I have not faced any such problem that you all are talking about while installing the applications that need Net Framework 3.5.1.When I had tried to install the application that require Net Framework 3.5.1 I had found that the windows was installing it automatically without any error as such and I have found that if windows does not install it automatically then you can enable it using the "turn windows features on or off" and you can use the windows's search feature in order to do so .Just try to perform this solution and see if it is helping you all as well and if not then let me know so I can help you with other solution.

Yes trying it for a couple of times really work and I am saying this after trying it even I was facing the same problem previously but then when I tried it again and again I think for the fifth time it had worked for me just make sure that you all are installing the updates through the windows update and later when it ask you to install the Net Framework 3.5.1. Then just click on and then it will proceed it with its downloading part and if at all it fails then you should try to follow the same procedure for some no of times and then it will work. It might take several minutes so you have to be patience. It really works just try it yourself and then you will come to know. Best of luck

I don’t know how come it is working for others with just a few tries I have by now tried for more than ten times and for every try I have got the same error message : 0x800F081F - The changes could not be completed and it even says that reboot the says that reboot the system and then try again. I have also tried to perform the same solution after rebooting it several times but then it is just not working for me. I don’t know what to do know I have tried all the possible solution that I could have tried but then it does not seems to be working in my case. Is there any other solution to get this work? Any help will be appreciated.

I don’t know why people are facing different problems with the same solution and why the solution is not working for everyone. I think that there might be a need of windows live ID and you will have to use the same in order to install 8102 and this might be the reason that is not allowing you to install it through the windows update and not allowing you to enable the net 3.5.1 as well. I have done the same in order to install the Catalyst 11.9 Preview drivers and then I was able to install it without any problem. I have also installed the Google chrome beta 15 & chromium without any such problem that you all are facing. So I will suggest you to get windows live ID and then try to download it and I think that it will work for you as well but if not then I let me know so I can help you with other solutions.

I think that I have a solution for it but I am not sure that it is a perfect solution because I have found this solution to be working when I was trying to solve the same problem on myself and I luckily was able to solve it with the following solution. What I had done is that I had launched the application which required net 3.5.1 by disconnecting the internet from the computer and then I waited for the error and when I got the error I rebooted the computer and then enabled the internet this time and then it worked well without any problem. This solution had really worked for me so I will suggest you to give it a try to check if it is working for you or not.

I am having the same problem and I have by now tried a no of solution that I could have and I have also tried out the solution that are mentioned here but then none of them seems to be helping me out and now I think that I will have to install the 64bit version and see if it is helping out.