Thread: Lotus Notes 8.5.3 menu no longer drop down in Mac OS 10.7.2

Lotus Notes 8.5.3 menu no longer drop down in Mac OS 10.7.2

Does anyone have troubles with Mac OS 10.7.2 and Lotus Notes 8.5.1 or 8.5.3, where now the menu items and menu Apple no longer drop? All other elements in the main window of the notes seem to work, but cannot select any of the main menus at the top of the screen.

Re: Lotus Notes 8.5.3 menu no longer drop down in Mac OS 10.7.2

If having the same trouble. 10.7.2 Mac OS 8.5.x. Macbook Air. Treaty setting permissions, but does not help. I am new to Mac, so I hope someone can post a reply.

I have tried to set permissions, initially installed in 8.5.3 8.5.1, I took notes and reinstall 8.5.3 again, I spent three hours on the phone with people from IBM Notes. The trouble is still there and so far cannot seem to fix it.
    Aggravated! None of the best work pull down menus - you can choose files to attach to an e-mail (you can drag and drop a file onto the window).

I cannot acquire other people's calendars and can not to the drop down to that (I thought, if I am starting a meeting, you can click the name of the person and, finally, get your calendar that way), I cannot access the Help menu in Notes, you cannot get to the Apple menu - all looking out the window when running Notes 8.5.1 or 8.5.3 same issue. I looked and looked all over the net to attempt to locate a solution.

Thank you for reporting what I've tried it - saves some time not having to deal with impasses. I have the same trouble with the Macbook Pro with 10.7.2. Lotus Notes is running without problems until I did the last update in line with the operating system.

So Unbelievably today, after about 3 hours on the help of IBM, whose Lotus Notes 8.5.3 success to work well with Mac OS 10.7.2.

We have removed the old notes installed again, looked around for more notes related to the files and, finally, you have everything up and running again as drop-down menus! Now I can say 8.5.3 works with 10.7.2!

I tried installing from zero for Notes 8.5.3 basic version. The menu bar cannot work. It seems that it fixed? Which file I have to delete? I have deleted / recovery of all my HD.But no luck.

1. Backup files to keep
    2. Remove the Application Notes
    3. Remove the data directory
    4. Remove the Notes Preferences
    5. Remove ibm.lotus.Notes.plist
    6. Remove ibm.lotus.NotesInstaller.plist
    7. Delete / Library / Receipts / Lotus Notes Installer.pkg
    8. Empty Trash.

It notes 8.5.3 clean install basic version, but the menu bar still cannot use .My Mac has not installed any 8.5.2.you mean I need to DL standard, and then switch to basic view. And then back to standard view? Then the menu bar to work again?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticod View Post
    It notes 8.5.3 clean install basic version, but the menu bar still cannot use .My Mac has not installed any 8.5.2.you mean I need to DL standard, and then switch to basic view. And then back to standard view? Then the menu bar to work again?
    No, the basic version does not work. Even if you install the full version with the addition to the Memo Preferences.
    Just use the full version after you uninstall and clean all files related to Lotus Notes. I am waiting for a better solution, because the basic version is much faster.