Thread: Image Capture 6.1 unable to create Multiple Files in Mac OS X Lion

Image Capture 6.1 unable to create Multiple Files in Mac OS X Lion

After upgrading to Lion and you cannot examine multi-page individual PDF files. In the previous version, the option was labeled "Create divide documents", amd when scanning; the application creates Scan.pdf, Scan1.pdf, and Scan2.pdf and so on.

Now, the application has an option "Merge into a single document" I guess when left unchecked, will produce a separate document for each page. in its place, it analyzes each page of "Scan.pdf" and keep Rewriting the same file.

Re: Image Capture 6.1 unable to create Multiple Files in Mac OS X Lion

Same trouble with my Canon Lide 210, Lion OS image capture 6.1 does not have the option to create multiple images or automatically Crop and straighten a scanned image. Version 6.0.1 works fine on Snow Leopard continues with the same scanner in my wife's Macbook Pro. Not impressed.

Exploration could not use the image either - could not select the text to search for! He followed the advice here to pay money for VueScan is actually cool! Annoying to have to buy it, but what really works well and speedily and is much more flexible image capture

Quote Originally Posted by Jezriah View Post
    Exploration could not use the image either - could not select the text to search for! He followed the advice here to pay money for VueScan is actually cool! Annoying to have to buy it, but what really works well and speedily and is much more flexible image capture
    Using image capture 6.1 unable to scan multiple pages from the ADF. The last page is the only one saved, plus it does not matter in the target application (Ever note), when the analysis is complete. Currently have to use the Brother ControlCenter2 application to scan from the ADF if you want to explore multiple files. Please fix Apple!

Same trouble here Samsung SCX 4623FW-created document feeder only exploration, but not an analysis, Scan 2, etc.

I found a work around. Use Preview to import from the scanner. While only saved a scan to file (not the document is closed, otherwise you will lose all other tests) that displays all scanned documents in the sidebar. Which you can select the document in the sidebar, then select Duplicate from the File menu, giving you an option to save each scan to file.

It's a pain in the rear, but it works and is even faster than scanning one page at a time. Apple’s hope 10.7.1 will fix the trouble soon.

I have the same trouble. Incredibly annoying. I stupidly destroyed it scanned before realizing that he had just overwrite the same file over and over again

I make use of Brother Printers. If you verify the box that combines all the new scans with scans of age in this disastrous monster of an analysis. if you uncheck the box that bears his exploration and breaks into page by page.

This is by far a huge nightmare to send my daily billing reports. Clue for anyone to email that you can break your exploration through the printing process, save as pdf, select the page number you want to be in the actual scan, and then the name of what separates them. The only time I can do right now to keep my sanity. Or, I use one of my other Macs hasn't been updated yet!

When I go to System Preferences, choose the printer and open the option of scanning, do not provide me the option to enter a custom resolution, mine is 100 through 1200 and then to choose the size down also has options that I have to choose another option to select something special there.

Maybe I’m off because I do not know which option is image capture. I go to my exploration through system preferences; I have a special exploration program on any of my Macs.

Apparently it works by scanning to PDF, provided they do not check the "Merge into one single document," which obviously fits into this file format. Still allow you to scan multiple pages into separate files.

That's not the knowledge I had with an automatic document feeder. Have you tried putting more than a few documents in an automatic? It is the procedure that results in the Image Viewer does not split multi-page PDF separately; it just keeps on writing "SCAN.PDF" with the last page scanned.

Although officially supports only Lexmark scanning through Image Capture in Lion at this time, scanning manifold pages from ADF functionality doc to a PDF file is broken.