Thread: Error "Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set." on WMP 10

Error "Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set." on WMP 10

I have work on windows 7 system and I use Windows media player to play any music file. Tomorrow I try to play avi extension file onto it and then I faced this error message which is described onto title. I don’t know basic reason behind this issue. Please help me to fix this issue. Thanks for anything.

Re: Error "Cannot allocate memory because no size has been set." on WMP 10

Where did you find this file? A "BIN" file cannot be playback straight; you would require to exact video or audio out of it first. There is not any possibility in Windows Media Player 10 for play an bin file onto it. Hence I think you need to choose correct file onto your media player. Then the problem is being removed on this software.

I have the similar silly problem for both .vob and .mpg files. Please let me know if you find an answer to this problem. can I apply the same solutions onto this system. Then share your own experience about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fAlCoNeTtI View Post
    I have the similar silly problem for both .vob and .mpg files. Please let me know if you find an answer to this problem. can I apply the same solutions onto this system. Then share your own experience about it.
    Yes, it could be also work in your situation if you have selected the similar bin file. This bin file can’t be supported or capable to play it on the system. Then I think you need to either check the file that you selected for the running purpose. Try this and see what happen onto it.

This might be used to represent a corruption of some sort, most likely in the file you're trying to play. You also need to check the kinds of file supported by this windows Media player to play safe manner. If the system can’t support the file you choose for play purpose then yes, it would be definatley give such problem. Hence try to set the compatibility option of file with this WMP. The property window help to easily do this task.

It typically occurs when you try to synchronize a file that cannot be converted to the format required by the device. Then you need to apply the synchronizations concept on this WMP software. Then you can see the result on this system. Try this and locate the result on such system.

In most cases partial information about the issue has been provided, so it's hard to try and help. In such cases, you need to first check the compatibility issue. If the compatibility with the selected file and the software is best, then try to check the properties of this software. If you realize that something wrong on it then tries to upgrade the software. This will be enhancing the performance as well as replace all the problematic things of the software.

If the program indicates that you do not have an MPEG-2 decoder installed, then you need to install suitable decoded onto this software. It works to properly perform an synchronization task on it. Then try this and see what happen onto it. the synchronization will be necessary if the file won’t compatible with this installed WMP player. Hence try this and locate the result on this system.

Do you have a third party MPEG decoder installed? If not then definitely you need to install an decoded on your system. This is necessary when the software needs synchronization task on it. you can do this decoded installation by following task. First play avi file on WMP and then open File->Property option. The Properties dialog box may display the decoder. You need to update this decoder version. Then try this and locate the result onto your system.

Before you synchronize a file in your library to your portable device, the Player detects your device's capabilities. This process must be helpful to detect the number of files already supported with the software and also number of unsupported files on it. this process happens when the file has in a file format. Player cannot convert a copy of the file if the original file is supported to the software otherwise it will be do the same synchronization task.

As per your valuable reply, I try to start the synchronization on this WMP. This synchronization has been work on my system. Now the error message has been completely removed and in response the troubles has been completely removed on it. now avi and all other file played smoothly on WMP 10.