Thread: SAMSUNG HD040GJ: need DOS SATA Driver

SAMSUNG HD040GJ: need DOS SATA Driver

Friends, recently I get the new SAMSUNG HD040GJ hard drive and I am very happy with this Hard Drive. But today I get the problem related with this Hard Drive and the problem is that when I am trying to boot from my C:/ in dos at that time I can’t find the DOS drivers for my hard Drive. Is there anyone else who is having the same problem or anyone else can suggest me in this cause? Please help me, and I am having SAMSUNG HD040GJ Hard drive.

Re: SAMSUNG HD040GJ: need DOS SATA Driver

Hey, I also tried with the boot to the SATA drive and this was working so fine. And this feel very odd that you are not getting this working, I think that there will be some problem while you are trying to boot to the SATA drive. Here, I will suggest you that while you are trying to get boot, at that time you have to have a Fat partition to boot to it. So try with booting with the Fat partition, I am sure that after this you will not get any type of the problem while doing boot using the SATA drive.

Let me tell you that I have also tried with the WinME CD to boot, but there also I get the problem. And the problem is that when I am trying to boot at t hat time it says that no Hard Drive is found. I am doing this all things because I want to v and then format on DOS instead of during WinXP setup, but while doing this all things I get the problem over there. Please suggest any other suggestion if you are having.

I am very sure that you are facing this problem because of you are booting with using the NTFS's file system. And while doing this all things you are facing the Hard Drive not found problem because of WinME CD doesn't know what in the heck NTFS's are , so you get the Hard Drive not found message. For getting resolve your problem I have suggestion and that is, try to get the Win98se bootdisk files and then boot using the run fdisk. I am sure that this will really help you in this cause, I am very sure about this because I was also having this problem and I get resolve this problem using the steps which I have suggested to you.

First tell me that, is your system is completely clean system? Or it is already having the Operating system on it? I am asking this thing because if this is completely clean system, then you just don't have the SATA drivers loaded to begin with. And then you need to install an OS for that, so you're kinda outta luck to begin with.

According to me, Your system BIOS is configured by default to allow all Native ICH5R SATA and PATA channels. And also let me tell you that Windows DOS alone cannot support more than two or four channels ATAPI devices. So for that reason, if two SATA hard drives, then you may not use any ATAPI optical on all drives, as SATA only supports one device per channel - and use an IDE CD-ROM requires a third channel to enable ATAPI, Windows Me, or DOS cannot support. And suggestion for this is to connect two SATA drives to SATA ports that are specific to the Promise SATA controller, not those that are specific to the Intel SATA controller. Try with this suggestion, I am not sure about this that this will work for you or not but at least you can try with this suggestion and reply back if this not works for you.

I also have suggestion and that is when the SATA hard disk drives are connected to the Intel driver, and you want to use DOS format both hard drives should not be greater than 137 GB capacity each. So for that reason, if you have two SATA hard drives of 160 GB, and after this if you still want DOS to partition and format to full ability, then you have no option but to use the assure SATA controller.

I am not getting here that why are you trying to use the DOS Windows Millennium Edition to partition and format your two SATA hard drives: You want to use a very large FAT32 volume Windows XP but cannot format a FAT32 volume is more than 32 GB. And for that reason I will suggest you that you are using Windows XP to partition and format hard disks, partitions that are larger than 32 GB in size must be formatted with NTFS. If you are not doing this things then try with this all and I am sure that this will help you to get resolve this problem.

I have read the note on the so many of the Hard drive series that is: SATA controller on board promise of motherboards maintain two SATA drives and a most of four PATA/133, all of which can be configured with RAID. And for this only P4P800-E mobo in fact has four SATA and four PATA ports. But still I can say that CD-ROM drivers for DOS only support the Intel SATA / PATA controller, so that your motherboard is concerned. Therefore, as I said, if you partition and format your two SATA hard drives in DOS Windows Me, you will need to connect two SATA hard drives to the pair of SATA ports that are specific to the Promise controller.

I tried with the all suggestion which you all have suggested over here to me. And after this I get that now my SAMSUNG HD040GJ is working fine and now I can easily boot from my C:/ in dos. Thanks lot friends for that. Now all the things are working fine for me.