Thread: skype 5.5.113 won't close and process keeps running

skype 5.5.113 won't close and process keeps running

HI, I have installed skype 5.5.113 in my machine and having very awful problem with the software as it works perfectly until I wanted to close it, I mean to say whenever I try to close the software the only way to exit the software is to click on the EXIT button, but nothing appears rather than that, and if I click on that button it just shows as we have close the software but I can see the process keeps running in the task manager. Why this is happening any idea? Since because of that the processor keeps being busy and all other process also gets hanged because of that only.

re: skype 5.5.113 won't close and process keeps running

As the extent to I know there isn’t any quit option rather we must have to close it by pressing the close button only. But apart from this, it seems that the version you are running in your computer is absolutely damage rather corrupted and that’s why you must be having problem with the software. Have you ever tried to reinstall the software again in your machine? If not then I would like to suggest you that don’t just keep running the same software rather try to reinstall the version and then only use it.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should try to reinstall the software in your machine and then see whether the same thing is happening or not, because it might be possible that if you have try reinstalling the software but if you are still having the same problem that means there could be some different problem either with the newer software or simply with the operating system that you are using, anyways are you sure that you have downloaded the software which is actually compatible with the operating system you are using, if not then also make sure about this, or else you’ll keep getting the same problem. And however it is not good to always quit the process from running from the task manager itself.

I use to recommend all the users as if the newer version is available to download then why you guys are still using this older version itself? I am not sure what could be the problem but still I would like to recommend you that you should download this skype 5.6.0.110 from here and enjoy all the newer feature including no more Skype Home Window Auto start.

I have just completed an test as set Skype to “Run as administrator mode”. The Quit item in the taskbar icon moved out!

I’m not saying that everyone who doesn’t have the Quit item is running Skype in “as administrator” method but perhaps this has incredible to do with the Windows login. Are you logged in Windows as user with administrator rights or as Administrator? Because If you execute %appdata%\skype, what do you see for the Windows user name?

Just attempting to find various logical relationships, if there are any.

I have tried each and everything you have mentioned but still no luck as the same problem is appearing with the newer version as well, I would say there isn’t any more improvement they have done. ;(

Re: skype 5.5.113 won't close and process keeps running

yeah I know there is no quit option in the newer software as well but still whatever option they have given stops the software perfectly and that’s why I think you must be having any problem with the operating system you are using. Because I haven’t seen any such problem posted over here. Anyways have you ever noticed the same problem with any other software as well? If so then I can surely say that this is simply because of the operating system corruption.

I am not really recommending you to reinstall the whole operating system but still you can have option to repair the windows as well.