Thread: How to Format Seagate FreeAgent Go

How to Format Seagate FreeAgent Go

I am using a Seagate FreeAgent Go and i have found that it has been affected by virus so i am looking forward to format it as i am not having any such important data in it but i just wanted to know that is there any official Seagate program which i can very well use for formatting the hard drive without any problem in mac and other computer and i also wanted to know that if it is possible to recover the file after formatting it and is there any kind of program for the same.Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: How to Format Seagate FreeAgent Go

You can use the simplest method of formatting by just plugging the hard disk and then after you are able to see the hard drive as recognized then you just have to select the icon and the right click on it and then click on format.Here you get two methods of formatting one is normal and the other is said to be quick formatting where quick formatting basically takes less time but does the same job but if you dont want to use this simple method and if you want to go for a more secure method then you can use the Discwizard method as well.It is one of the most secured method you can try any of the above solution if you dont have a problem i losing your data.

Yes you can recover the data even after formatting but the data you might recover may not be the exact data that you lost there might be some broken files and unreadable ones as well and it also depend upon the level of formatting option you choose.I have heard that if military grade is used to format the hard disk than it is very difficult to retrieve the deleted data even tough there are some software's that are capable of recovering the data but no one of them assure you the complete data recovery.You can find a number of software's on the net.

In order to format a FreeAgent drive in Mac OS.Just follow the below steps:
    • Open the Disk Utility.
    • Then Go in the Finder Apple menu
    • And Select Utilities and then just Double-click on the the Disk Utility icon.
    • Select the Seagate drive.
    • Select the Partition tab from the Disk Utility window.
    • And then in the "current volume scheme" just select one partition.
    • And then go in to Options and then select the Guid Partition Table.
    • Switch the Volume Format to MacOS Extended.
    • Latly Click on Apply.

and it is done this is the best and the secure method yo format FreeAgent drive in Mac OS

You can use the Power Data Recovery Free Edition MiniTool Power Data Recovery in order to recover the data lost from your hard disk and they are capable of the following tasks:
    • Recover formatted partition
    • Recover damaged partition
    • Recover lost partition
    • Recover CD & DVD disk
    • Recover Photos & Music
    • Recover Flash Memory cards

You can also check out the "DDR Professional – Data Recovery Software".It is very easy to operate and it is well capable of recovering lost, deleted files and folders from hard drive partitions as well as the USB removable drives and the Pen drive, Memory card, Mobile phone etc.It is one of the specialized software that allows you to recover5 the deleted data from your hard disk and any other storage device as well.You can also download a free version of it just to check its feature and its functionality and make out if it is satisfying your needs or not and if you find it satisfying then you can very well get it for you.I have been using this since it has been launched and i am very satisfied with it though it does not recover all the data but it do recover 80 to 90 percent of it.

I have been using the "NTFS Partition Data Recovery Software" from quite a few months and it is just great.It works with all the popular OS such as Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP and it is capable of recovering the deleted or the lost data from the hard disk and it is even capable of recovering the datafrom NTFS and NTFS5 partitioned hard disk drives as well.It is a specialized and highly reliable software to recover the data from the formatted drives as well and it also has a very simple and easy process and even this one comes with a trial version so just get it and try it.I had first got the trial version later i found it very effective and i got the full version of it.

Check out this one "FAT Partition Data Recovery Software":
    • Recovers data from hard-disk drive partitioned on FAT16, FAT32 file system which supports windows OS.support Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows Vista series.
    • Perfect hard drive data recovery software
    • scans computer hard disk drives and helps to restore disk lost or deleted data
    • It is a advanced Advanced hard disk restore software.
    • Comes with a trial version as well.

I am using "Removable Media Data Recovery Software".It is a very good choice in order to rescue and recover the deleted and even the formatted corrupted files folders such as Mp3,Photo,videos etc from the thumb drive, pen drive, SD card,compact flash memory card,external hard disk drive,removable drive, multimedia card, micro drive, smart drive media, Smart Media, Compact Multimedia card, memory card, removable flash card memory etc.It covers almost all the storage device which we use so you really dont have to worry much about the data id you have lost it because the Removable Media Data Recovery Software does a good job and it also supports the OS such as Windows 7,Windows XP, Windows 98,Windows Vista, Windows server (2008, 2003, 2000) as well.

I have came across all of this software's in various forum and they have been working well with many of them but no one of then are capable of getting the exact data that you have lost.They may recover most of them but even after recovering the files some of the files get corrupted and some of them are unreadable as well and yes it directly depends upon the way you might have lost the data.I mean if you have deleted it or you have formatted it or say if the drive itself gets corrupted because of which the recovering details vary.