Thread: How to write files onto a DVD-R

How to write files onto a DVD-R

Hello friends, I need help on how to put files on a DVD. I have some files from a TV series that my friend gave me. In fact, she gave me the disk containing the files, but would have to give her away, so I copy the files on my desktop. I am having blank DVD-R 1-4X are Multispeed and 4.7GB/120min. How I can write files to disk? Also, I'm with Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2. Thank you for the solution or the suggestion which you will give me and also will work on it.

Re: How to write files onto a DVD-R

I think you might get some of the software for it you need to check on the internet and you have to download those software on the computer then you will be able to do it and also you will able to write the files on the cd.

You must already have some kind of recording software installed as EZCD Creator or Nero or something. If you are setting up to write to the DVD as movie files for viewing on your DVD player or on your computer with Windows Media Player as your DVD viewer, then open the recording software and create a kind of DVD movie file. If you simply desire to save the files as a DVD to save them as files only, could open the burner program and set it as a data disc instead. You will not be able to see the movies of that cd, however you will be saved as files only, but would still be able to see from your computer by clicking them with Media Player or whatever you use to open and play in the window his desk in place.

I think you will easily get the solution on the internet and also you will get the appropriate software for it and also you might get the method to do, so you better check it on the internet.

I usually burn up my movies on a DVD kind CD so you can play on my DVD player in the room, and then save the file again as a data CD, you can acquire a number of movies on cd that way, so I for all time have the files and then delete the files from my hard drive. If I always require to make a new copy of a movie because my cd is messed up, I bring the data cd; copy the movie to my hard drive and then burn a new movie DVD from that file on your hard disk again.

If you have multiple movies on your hard drive, you can put a number of them on a 4.7 GB DVD as data files only. This way you can take the file to your hard drive should your current CD recorded no later film? The CD data is strictly to preserve the original. avi or .mpg as backup.

I have some of the methods which you can try and also see that it works for you and also you can get some of the good method, so you can try it and hope you will be able to solve the problem of the burning the files on the DVD-R:
    • Use CDBurnerXP to make an ISO. DVD to hard disk, and then use CDBurnerXP to write that. ISO in DVD-R.
    • Use DVDShrink (use google.com to find these programs) to duplicate the DVD. Do not bother to reduce, as it only fits.

I think you will be able to get the solution on the internet and also you will be able to get method or even videos, so go on to the Google and search over there you will be able to get it.