Thread: Do OS X LION supports OpenOffice

Do OS X LION supports OpenOffice

Hi, I own a macbook in which is was using leopard OS previously but before some days I have started using the newer version operating system as I have mentioned in the title, but with the previous version I was using openoffice and thus wanted to use the same software with this newer operating system as well, but don’t know exactly whether It supports it or not.

So is there anybody here who had tried this ever with the LION OS? If it is been working then please tell me from where can I get it?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Do OS X LION supports OpenOffice

- I am not sure about this but have you ever tried to install that software in the machine? if not then you can try this for sure, and then you can try the same on your own.

Yeah I have used it and it works perfectly with the newer version as well despite due to some other errors.

But still I would like to recommend you that you should try to download the fresh software again from its official website because the thing is like it might be possible that you may not be able to get it work if you are using the older software.

Because first of all I have download it for it separately and along with that I came to know that there were some files that helps it to run perfectly with the newer version.

I am not sure whether is there any other separate version made for the LION or not but still till that I would say you can try the LINK I am mentioning from where you can download this product to your machine and try to use it.

I am agree with the above user as I am not sure whether the one that you have mentioned will work or not but still you can try LibreOffice. As I am also using the same with my LION running machine.

LibreOffice can open all your OpenOffice files, it's the similar program essentially, just more enhanced. If there is going to be a Lion modernize it will come here first most likely.

I have also heard about the same as there is another software as well but any idea where will I get it? in fact I was about to install both of them, but as I have heard lot and used it personally thus wanted used that first, anyways thanks for the suggestion.

But will you please give me some downloading link so that I can have it as soon as possible

You can download LibreOffice from HERE, and I am not sure about another one.