Thread: A secure channel couldn't be established error in Zune

A secure channel couldn't be established error in Zune

hi guys in my computer I was using windows vista operating system and after I have upgrade the operating system with windows 7 and after that I have installed all the things again. now after updating the computer I am facing problem with my computer. whenever I listen song in the Marketplace using the Zune software at that yime I get error. please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: A secure channel couldn't be established error in Zune

As you have said that you are getting error while listening music in the marketplace. which means you ,must be using any browser for that. I will suggest you that try different browser and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

I have referred your problem and I will suggest you that you should use the internet explorer to use the Zune market place. if you are using any other browser then you first try the internet explorer and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. as far as I know you will not get any issue on with the internet explorer and that is why I am suggesting you this solution.

if you are using the same error after trying internet explorer then reset the internet explorer and then use.

You have to also try to access the market place after disabling the firewall. because sometime due to firewall also this type of problem can take place. before you reset the internet explorer you have to disable the firewall and after disabling the firewall check whether it makes any difference or not. if after disabling the firewall everything works fine then I you need to change the firewalls setting and if same problem comes after disabling the firewall then you have to continue to try to solve problem by resetting the internet explorer.

if you don’t know about how to reset the internet explorer then you have to follow this steps. firs you have to open the browser and after that you have to go to the folder option. Now after going in to the folder option you have to click on the advance tab and after that you have to click on the reset option. now after that you have to click on the ok. now after that you have to restart the browser and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I will also suggest you the same. there was similar problem occur with my system also and I was also using Zune. after that I have reset the internet explorer and after that problem get solved.

if you are opening the market place in your browser after clicking from Zune software and you are getting this problem then I think there might be something wrong with the Zune software. I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by uninstalling the Zune from your computer and after that you have to install it in your computer again and after installing it in your computer you have to check whether same error is coming or not. I think reinstalling the Zune will solve all the issue.

I hope this solution will help you.

if you have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Zune software in your computer and after that also problem still remains then you have to download the updated version of the Zune from the internet and after downloading the updated version of the Zune you have to first uninstall the old version from your computer and after uninstalling the old version you have to install the new version.

Now after installing the new version you have to see whether you are getting the same error with the market place or not. according to me you will not get any error after updating the Zune software.

if don’t know about from where to download the updated version of the Zune then I will help you with this.

To download the updated version of the Zune you have click below

DOWNLOAD ZUNE

I have searched on the internet and after spending so much time on the internet I have come to know that A secure channel could not be established error occurs when your system data and time is not correct and that is why you have to first make sure that your computer date and time is proper and it gets update correctly. you have to also delete the cache and cookies from your internet explorer. First you have to open the internet explorer and after that you have to open the internet explorer and after that you have to go to the tools option. now after selecting the tools menu you have to select the internet options. now after selecting the internet options you have to select the general tab. from there you have to delete the cache and cookies.

After deleting that see whether it makes any difference or not.

I have referred your replies and after referring that I have first tried to fix this issue by reinstalling the Zune and resetting the internet explorer but it doesn’t help me to solve this issue. After that I have checked about the data and time in my computer and I have noticed that in my computer date and time is not getting updated regularly. how to get rid of this issue?

Satyrs Guest

To solve this problem you have to first remove the motherboard battery and after that you have to install another battery in your computer and after that check whether time gets updated automatically or not. if it is updating normally then you have to buy new battery.

I have checked my system with other battery and after that all the things worked fine. now after that I have changed the battery and all the things started working properly. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate your help.