Thread: iChat keep prompting for password after updating to LION OS

iChat keep prompting for password after updating to LION OS

Hi, I am using macbook from last couple of months but never ever had any such problem with the machine as I am having right now.

Whenever I startup iChat it present me with a password demand, saying "Messaging Agent wants password". But isn't giving me some options as far as "Always Remember" or whatever it is supposed to be called, so it isn't remembering the password. It asks me each time I quit and restart the application.

Fixed it's not a huge problem, but it is irritating and I'm not verdict anyone else to have this problem, so it may just be me. I can't think of a way to fix this, can anyone else?

Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: iChat keep prompting for password after updating to LION OS

Yeah this is problem with the entire machine having this update, and I think we must have to wait for the fixed yet, as I have also searched too many times but didn’t have any such solution for the same.

I am disagree with the above user as I am also having this update in my machine but I am not having any such problem with it rather it is working faultlessly. I think you haven’t updated the iChat version as well in your machine, because if so then let me tell you as you must have to do this after installed the OS x update to your mac book.

Thus I would say try to install the newer version of IChat in your machine and then see what happens.

Don’t know what could be the problem with your machine, but when I was having this problem I have done the thing that I have mentioned below and would like to suggest you to follow the same steps.

Navigate to the location as mentioned “/Users//Library/Preferences” (this could be different according to the operating sysmte installation path) and remove all com.apple.iChat* files. after that make sure that you must log out for the fix to work and re-setup iChat the next time you log in.

I’m delighted to suggest you this solution does work and I can now open and close iChat without having any hesitation with regards to reentering my passwords each time it starts up.

I am agree with the above user as this could be one of the best option but still I would like to suggest you that you should try to make sure whether you have accepted the permission for the same from the option called “sharing and preference”.

Because I have seen so many people’s having same problem because of this access problems.

try to reinstall the operating system again in your machine if you are still having same problem with the machine, I would like to suggest you that you should try to install this update through another source, I mean to say either from another disk or download it from another location, apart from the one from where you have downloaded it previously.

i am not sure whether this could be some problem with the operating system that you have installed or not because when read the review about the this OSX i came to know about to many defect about rather limitation with the software thus, i have not installed it yet, but it might be possible that it could be because of that only.

thus i would like to suggest you that if you're willing to do this then you can try to reinstall the same operating system again in your machine and then see what happens, i know this could be stupid solution, but still as a last option you can do this for sure.

hey thanks for the suggestion dude, as this is really working and now I don’t have to enter password each time I login.