Thread: Syncing BlackBerry Desktop Software with Mozilla Thunderbird

Syncing BlackBerry Desktop Software with Mozilla Thunderbird

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to sync BlackBerry Desktop Software with Mozilla Thunderbird? I am no longer using Microsoft outlook program to sync the contacts, I am planning to switch to the new Mozilla Thunderbird, so a small question I had in my mind about the compatability that’s why I am asking this question nwith you all, so can you all please reply if that is possible or not. Please do let me know as soon as possible on the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all.

Re: Syncing BlackBerry Desktop Software with Mozilla Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by Najjar View Post
    I just wanted to ask if it is possible to sync BlackBerry Desktop Software with Mozilla Thunderbird? I am no longer using Microsoft outlook program to sync the contacts, I am planning to switch to the new Mozilla Thunderbird, so a small question I had in my mind about the compatability that’s why I am asking this question nwith you all, so can you all please reply if that is possible or not. Please do let me know as soon as possible on the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all.
    I don’t think so you will be able to do that since the PIM application does not list Mozilla Thunderbird in its application list, so that’s what I am saying here, so sorry to say that you will not be able to do that at all. that’s what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    I don’t think so you will be able to do that since the PIM application does not list Mozilla Thunderbird in its application list, so that’s what I am saying here, so sorry to say that you will not be able to do that at all. that’s what the issue is.
    I would like to argue in this case since Mozilla is a known figure to day and what is the problem with the compatibility I don’t understand I think so there should be some alternative type of resources by which I would be able to sync my phone with the Mozilla Thunderbird. I am sure that there will be some methods for it, do some research guys and get back to me as soon as possible. Mozilla is a big figure today and I think it will keep on growing more, that’s what I believe, so that’s what I want to say here.

Yes there is a method by which you would be able to do what you were looking for so the solution for it is that you should go for the Zindus add-on for Thunderbird. Now what it will do is that it will sync the GMail contacts to Thunderbird. Now whatever contacts that I add in it, what it will do is that it will sync with the google cloud and then get back to the other end, that’s what it will do. So I would advise you to have a check with the particular add-on that’s what you should be doing so hope you have got the necessary suggestion for the same, that’s what I am saying here.

I have got a solution for you and hence what I am saying is that follow the steps that I have given you here I am sure that it will be a perfect one for you that’s for sure.
    1) Go to the Thunderbird address book and export to the file in LDIF format.
    2) Now the next step for you is that Go to Windows Contacts folder.
    3) Then choose LDIF format and import it.
    4) Set up the sync options in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, run it and then continue with the sync options. So that’s what you should be doing.
    I hope the steps that I have given you are beneficial for you.

I would advise you to download the Download Google Sync application in the phone, so that’s what you should be doing. Open that application center your Google account details and then get started with the syncing procedure. So just give a try for the same and let me know if that works or not. So that’s it from my side for you. Do let me know if that works or not.

Just check out the link this is the add ons you should be adding in the thunderbird. It will help you with the syncing procedure and hence that’s what you should be doing. I am sure that it will be of good use for you, so that’s what I am saying here. hope so that was of good use for you that’s it from my side for you.