Thread: Crashing of BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0 B34

Crashing of BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0 B34

I did update my BlackBerry desktop software yesterday and after the update I noticed that as soon as I plug in the phone to the computer it crashes frequently and I don’t know whats the problem with it. I hope you will be knowing about the solutions of it so that’s why I have come here seeking some help from you all on the same. it keeps on crashing continuously that’s the problem, so that is what I am trying to explain you all. I do not want to post the log file here since it is very much big, I am running windows 7 so now you only tell me what is the problem here. let me know about the solutions as soon as possible.

Re: Crashing of BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1.0 B34

Quote Originally Posted by Ket!ak View Post
    I did update my BlackBerry desktop software yesterday and after the update I noticed that as soon as I plug in the phone to the computer it crashes frequently and I don’t know whats the problem with it. I hope you will be knowing about the solutions of it so that’s why I have come here seeking some help from you all on the same. it keeps on crashing continuously that’s the problem, so that is what I am trying to explain you all. I do not want to post the log file here since it is very much big, I am running windows 7 so now you only tell me what is the problem here. let me know about the solutions as soon as possible.
    Well what I am saying is that have you installed any new kind of fonts lately, that’s the question that I would like to ask here, you know what it has been noticed that WPF applications get crashed when invalid characters are entered in the phone. now the solution for the problem is that you will have to examine the fonts registry value that’s what I am trying to make you explain. If you can correct the value that are listed in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts registry key by a illegal path or a character then it would be interesting to see how the wpf application reacts to it, so thas what I am saying here, try with the same and let me know if that was useful or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Algonkin View Post
    Well what I am saying is that have you installed any new kind of fonts lately, that’s the question that I would like to ask here, you know what it has been noticed that WPF applications get crashed when invalid characters are entered in the phone. now the solution for the problem is that you will have to examine the fonts registry value that’s what I am trying to make you explain. If you can correct the value that are listed in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts registry key by a illegal path or a character then it would be interesting to see how the wpf application reacts to it, so thas what I am saying here, try with the same and let me know if that was useful or not.
    Ok thanks for having a look at the said problem, now what I want to say is that yes the problem does looks similar but in my case the error that I get is "System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." So do you have any idea what kind of eror is this if you have any idea about thesolutiosn then do let me know as soon as possible on the same, that’s what I want to say here.

I have got a solution for you all and the solution should be ebst described in the steps that I am listing down here so here goes the solutiuon for you
    1) Go to the start button and in the run type Regedit.
    2) Now go to the following location HKEY LOCAL MACHINE/ SYSTEM/ CurrentControlsSet/Control/SessionManager/Environment and look out for the following option windir.
    3) Just check if the value is REG_EXPAND_SZ. And if it is not make this value as REG_EXPAND_SZ.
    4) Now you also need to delete the latest fonts there so for that what you have to do is move to the location C:/Windows/Fonts now in the modified date just delete the latest fonts, that’s what you should be doing.
    Yes the problem is indeed with the corrupted fonts as it has been talked earlier but that’s the solution you should be trying, so that’s it from my side for you all.

You know what some guys have also related this problem with having a dual screen monitor as well, so that’s the warning I am giving you all. now what I want to say here is that if any of you all are having the dual screen monitor then it can give problems like these, so what I want to say is that just unplug one monitor from it and then try plugging your blackberry phone in it, even that can give a solution for it. That’s what I want to say here. so hope the solution does work for you and that’s it from my side for you. Hope so that was enough for you.

Many of my friends are saying that it is mainly caused with the windows 7 64 bit operating system so even if you are system is of that then it can give problems like these.

I would like to say that you must report the problem to the technical support team of the blackberry I think that will be the perfect solution for you that’s what I think, so that’s what you should be doing. I think the above given solutions are the accurate one but in case if you are not getting anything then taking the help from the blackberry support team would be the ideal solution for you that’s what you should be doing.

Hey thanks a lot for all the solution guys that was great I did get a a lot of help from that, now the above mentioned solution did work for me and I would like to appreciate the efforts that you have given here, so thanks again for the same.