Thread: Download VLC Media Player for android devices

Download VLC Media Player for android devices

I have an android phone with me and I am currently using real player application on my android phone. I like real media player because it has made easy for me to organize and play music till now. Lately, I have been hearing the news that VLC media player is available for android devices. Is this true? I want to know that is VLC media player better than real media player? I would like to know that from where I shall download the VLC media player for my android device? Does anybody have any idea regarding this topic? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Re: Download VLC Media Player for android devices

Yes, VLC media player is available in pre-alpha state for android devices. This pre-alpha version of VLC player for android is now available for download and testing. I think now you must and you can download this as a substitute for real player. VLC media player fans have been waiting since long for this release and finally after a long time we have this player for android. The best part of VLC media player is that, it supports almost all media formats available and which I think is something incredible. So obviously anyone would want to go for this one.

Android developer CVPC has just released a pre-alpha build of VLC Player. So now we can officially say that pre-alpha version of VLC player for android is available. I would say that if you want to try pre-alpha version of VLC media player which is being developed by Austen then you should visit his web site. You can just click on this hyperlink and proceed. You can also visit the official website of cvpcs and learn more.

No doubt that VLC media player is better than the real media player. VLC media player is better than the default media player of android and real player because it supports mostly all kinds of formats which are really incredible. VLC media player is absolutely free as it is an open source application and is available for all platforms. VLC media player is anytime faster and more stable than the real media player. You will feel the difference when you will use VLC player.

I have recently installed the vlc player for my android device. I have downloaded the NEON build and I have installed it. I would say that VLC player looks very good. It feels different and nice to see the vlc on the android. I always wanted to have it and finally I am glad that I have got it.

The vlc media player has got a very good, easy and simple interface. VLC Media Player opens in video mode by default. You will see that there is a button on the top right corner that will allow you to toggle between the music mode and the video. If you want to play any file whether it is an audio or video, you have to specify the directories on your device first that contain media files. You will see a list of files on the screen depending upon the player you have selected. I have put the image of this player and I would request you to kindly have a look.

I have heard that VLC player has not performed well on Samsung Galaxy S and HTC Desire Z. vVLC player was tested on these devices and unfortunately it didn’t perform well. If there are different and multiple media formats then it takes time to list them all in the player. The quality of the video played via vlc on these devices was not that good. But I assume that few issues will be fine in the beta version if it comes.

According to the developers report, they have developed two variants of VLC for Android. NEON and NONEON are the two builds available for android. Most importantly, the VLC media player uses Native Development Kit so only specific builds of VLC works on specific devices. If you want to download VLC media player then you have to make sure that which build supports your device. To find this out, use ADB to locate a file called cpuinfo under /proc. Here if you see NEON word in the file then you should download the NEON build or else you should download the NONEON build. Before downloading you must make sure that you enable Unknown sources under Settings or else it won’t download the .APK files. You can click on this VLC for Android (NEON) and download the VLC for Android (NEON), similarly if you want to download the VLC for Android (NONEON) then click it. i hope you get it. all the best

To know about the support thing , I would say that go the file manager on your device and locate a file called /proc/cpuinfo and after that try to open it. Then you will see something like this,
    1. Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
    2. processor : 0
    3. BogoMIPS : 1597.74
    4. Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3
    • CPU implementer : 0x41
    • CPU architecture: 7
    • CPU variant : 0x1
    • CPU part : 0xc09
    • CPU revision : 2
    • Hardware : mapphone_CDMA
    • Revision : 0000
    • Serial : 0000000000000000
    Now, above if you see the NEON word in the features line then that means that your device supports NEON extensions. If the NEON word is not there then you will have to use another variant called as NONEON. I hope you get what I wasn’t to say.

I was waiting since very long for VLC player and finally I am happy that we have got this. I am having an android phone. I am eagerly waiting to get it on my android phone. I have seen the image and I must say it really looks great.

I would suggest you to go to the android market and you will find all information regarding the vlc player. You can also try out the Rockplayer. It is very good and somewhat like vlc player. It Plays Divx/Xvid/MOV. You can look in google for more information