Thread: After updating Desktop Manager to v6 it cannot configure sync with BlackBerry Storm2 9550 (Verizon)

After updating Desktop Manager to v6 it cannot configure sync with BlackBerry Storm2 9550 (Verizon)

Hey guys I have BlackBerry storm 2 9950 OS v 5.0.0.713 today when I Updated to Desktop Manager to v6 and after that next thing I noticed the entire of the prompts. while I attempt to configure synchronization by tick "Configure settings", a prompt flashes that indicate it is "Determining the root configuration name for the key system in addition to subsequent to a few seconds one more prompt pops up which say "Intellisync - - Unknown error reported". I have tried to "Reset settings" with no alter in the end result so any one here can help me on thi I would be very gald to know this thanks in advance

Re: After updating Desktop Manager to v6 it cannot configure sync with BlackBerry Storm2 9550 (Verizon)

I highly recommend you to insist on you take benefit of the RSS link from the technical support Desktop Manager 6.0 feed. May first-class right off the presses KB's you can get it by Google I am sure you will definitely get the answer on it

Re: After updating Desktop Manager to v6 it cannot configure sync with BlackBerry Storm2 9550 (Verizon)

Already did that and I see over there by means of no delight. All of the answer referred to earlier version of the software. I'll continue inspection back to make out if here are any updates.

Thanks By the ways

There are two extra concerning media aspect, believe you can go get them at the present, or would you like to make sure back if you desire to start using a fresh BlackBerry device, you can make use of the BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0 to toggle to the new device. Your device data and settings beginning your earlier BlackBerry device, such as email messages, organizer data, and third-party applications that are compatible with your new device, are import to your fresh device. If your email account is linked with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server, your email settings are also imported to your new device.

Even I was having the same problem got solution to that found the respond in the Release Notes. Uninstalled older version of desktop software and synchronized will be working right away

Not working I attempt uninstalling version 5, yet it do not work out the trouble. I then even reinstalled DM 6, and but the similar problem is still wit the fresh install I am able to sync media, but not organizer data. Is not working

Even I am also facing the same difficulty I am so annoyed. The slow desktop software said it required to be updated and previously you do it all you get is more pressure and irritation. What moron couldn't have tested this? There has to be 100 post on this all more than the net.I purchase a blackberry to make my life easier not put me further in trouble

Anyone besides me has the difficulty wherever they can not un-install the desktop software. together version 5.0.1 and 6.0 wont uninstall and I acquire the error:

Code:
    ERROR 2738  could not access VBscript runtimefor custome action.
    • I just had Click Start and then run.
    • Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll in the prompt.
    • If this does not effort, the vbscript.dll file might not be situated in the default location on the computer. look for the computer for the vbscript.dll file and move it to C:\Windows\system32.

DM6 I have been struggling for two days. I completed all the steps 8 KB13801, including cleaning the registry for KB02206. I rebooted (enlessly) tried all the USB ports on my laptop, disabled anti-virus, I have no administraor permissions, etc. It's not chance with timing. DM6 recognize the device and am able to whole a backup. media sync / move of work tools as well. However, part of Intellisync dies while trying to configure the settings - almost immediately. Last message I see is "Determining the root pattern name for the main system ..", then "Unknown error reported".No technical problems DM6 DM5.01 delete and re - I am able to synchronize with DM5.01. But DM6. This defines annoying. Windows XP, Lotus Notes, the ***, 9650 Verizon, cable connection to the device.

I make use of Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002 SP3. My BlackBerry device is a BlackBerry Storm 9500 with OS edition 5.0.0.484. I uninstalled DM 6.0.0 by means of the uninstall button. I was not capable to clean uninstall the earlier version.

RIM huge update, nothing but trouble. Nice idler. spent 30 minutes directly from the system of MS-6, download an DM and reinstate version 5 installation. 5 DM has always worked fine for me and there is no "fresh" functionality in one way or another which is later this hassle.Only a new look (who cares) and offcourse nice error prevents me from using the only function I need: my organizer. I turned off the update function. I'll have another look at DM 6 in 18 months or less. require to say: I adore my BlackBerry curve 8250!