Thread: How to completely uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6

How to completely uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6

I am unable to uninstall the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6 i am constantly getting a window which is searching for BlackBerry Desktop Messenger.msi file in c:\Temp.I have tried downloading the 4.6 again and after unzipping it i have tried to browse to the file it was looking for but it then says that it is a incorrect file i don't know what is wrong is there any one who have a idea about this and can help me out.

Re: How to completely uninstall BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.6

In order to uninstall the desktop manger(98, ME, 2000, and XP)
    • just close the BB desktop manager if it is running
    • Go to Start> Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs.
    • Select the BB desktop manager and click on "Change/Remove"
    • Select remove and click "next"
    • And then checkmark the "Remove all user settings for BlackBerry Desktop manager" on the uninstall option window
    • And then click on ok and then finish.

The process is kind of same for windows 7 user as well:
    Close BB Desktop Manager
    Go to Start > Control Panel and click Programs and Features
    And then Select Uninstall a program
    And then just Select BB Desktop manager and then click on " Change/Remove".
    And then select the "Remove option" and click Next
    checkmark "Remove all user settings for BlackBerry Desktop Software"
    And then click on ok and then finish.

When you install the desktop manger just try to turn off any antivirus automatic file protection features which might be running and also make sure that the profile you are logged in has the administrative privileges and when you are ready to install just right-click on the installation file and select Run As Administrator.This will really help you to avoid problems that might come up during the installation process.So do perform it well before the installation.

Yes you can completely and clearly install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager by this process as i have found a no of people solving their problem with this solution and you can even search for any kind of file related to the BB desktop manager and if you find it just delete it and remove it from the recycle bin as well only after you completely uninstall the BB desktop manager than only you will be able to install a new BB desktop manger properly so just follow this steps and you will surely solve your problem.

Even i am facing the same problem but I am not able to do the above steps by going in to the control panel because i have accidentally deleted the program files which was created when i had installed the BlackBerry Desktop manager and now when i am trying to uninstall then it is saying "unable to uninstall" because few files are missing.I have already tried to use the Registry entry by deleting Research in Motion folder which is in C Drive but unfortunately nothing seems to be working now.Any help will be appreciated.

your problem sounds to be really weird the missing folder have really made the process a bit complex what will you can do is just try to use the CCcleaner in order to uninstall it from the registry level and after you do this just reinstall the BlackBerry Desktop manager but by repair mode.I just hope if you are able to solve your problem this way because i don't think there is some more solution to try out after this one.Best of luck.