Thread: Unable to detect card reader on VMware view 4.6

Unable to detect card reader on VMware view 4.6

The situation is to log on to this group ActivClient icon in the system tray appears and says no card reader detects and displays the yellow exclamation point over the icon. The strange thing is that I can RDP to the parents and the reader is detected as probable. You can still connect to an ACC through RDP. PCoIP imagine this is connected; nevertheless I'm taking your hair out trying to fix this problem.

In the father I tried to reinstall VMware Tools / perceive Agent /. NET in the accurate order, reinstalling ActivClient w / patches, enabling several services (smart card service is enabled and started).Not convinced where to go from here. Can anyone guide?

Re: Unable to detect card reader on VMware view 4.6

Some other points that may help someone lead me in the right direction.
    • When attempting to connect to this pool with a smart card after entering the PIN login system returns and displays a user icon called "SSO user. I'm sure this is related to ActivClient not see the card reader But the investigation of this matter has not helped solve the problem.
    • We have an image a second father (also Golden Army of the main image), we are not seeing this issue. All these applications are installed as the image of another father.

What kind of customer who is used to connect to the pool? Not sure where to start, but try checking your firewall settings, if you have Windows Firewall enabled on your clones. Possibly the 38111 port is not open. I suppose this port is requisite for USB redirection. You be able to attempt reinstalling the agent view. I expect this is helpful.

By means of two dissimilar view customers login in the direction of images. Windows Firewall is disabled through Group Policy and the service is disabled. View the client does not show available USB redirection when logging in both groups. In addition, both VM's father has exactly the same configuration in Virtual Center virtual machine.

I have reinstalled the Agent View more than a few times in the parents who are having troubles. It appears that the agent would view the offender for the reason that the symptoms point to that the card reader works throughout RDP

Oh, ThinApp client point of view? That could be the reason of this .attempt a standard install, and ClearCube customers upgrade to the most recent firmware version, there are a small number of fixed smartcard issues there. (3.4.1)

Thanks for the advice. Fortunately, I reached the bottom of this mess late yesterday afternoon. The solution was one of the two changes listed below (I am the first who was more likely to have been the main cause, but I can be wrong). First change: Install_Root3.13.msi installed. He previously ran only InstallRoot3.13A.exe. Both install root certificates from the Department of Defense, but the MSI is actually a type of installation interface and adds an entry in Add or Remove Programs. Second change: Agent 6.2/view 4.6/.NET uninstalled FrameworkwSP1/VMware ActivClient Tools (reset every time you asked). Removed all software in the order listed. Then re-install VMware Tools / all Windows updates, including. NET Framework 6.2 with SP1/View Agent patches 4.6/ActivClient 6014. Reinstalling in the order of the list as well. After snapshot and rebuild ActivClient was able to detect a reader in a viewing session PCoIP.