Thread: what is Nvidia Lightboost technology?

what is Nvidia Lightboost technology?

HI, I have been Nvidia GPU user from last couple of years in fact, but don’t know when I was searching yesterday for the same, I came to know about the term called “Nvidia Lightboost technology”. So is there anyone having idea about that, as I have never heard about the same.

And apart from that please tell me about Stereo SBS able drivers ? what are those drivers and why they are been used?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: what is Nvidia Lightboost technology?

I don’t know about the lightboost technology but still stereo SBS drivers are the one which we have to install in order to play the high definition game or any multimedia content.

The "lightboost" technology isn't a latest technology of the glasses rather a lightboost compatible monitor almost certainly means it gives at least two times as much light as nowadays monitors.

Actually those monitors are specially intended for the purpose of playing game on the machine. and this is actually only used in the TV manufacturing but not in the monitors especially.

I'm pretty sure this is about monitors with additional light production than usual monitors. The nvidiadriver runs full brightness in 3D monitors or TV while only a small part of the total light is used in 2D.

With shutters there will forever be a lot of light losses:

60% smallest amount of divergence loss (except the monitor before is polarized)
    Duty cycle reduce due to bad retort time of monitors.

Example dlp+shutters: 0.45(pol-loss) x 0.50(duty cycle each eye which can be reserved very secure to full with dlp's) = 22.5% of total light/eye compared to 2dimensional.

Don’t know exactly what is that actually but quite agree with the above user. Anyways you can go through the LINK I am mentioning, you may get somewhat related to whatever you have.