Thread: Different -x parameter in VMware workstation 8

Different -x parameter in VMware workstation 8

In previous versions of the workstation 8, you can turn a virtual machine, and then press the close button and the window closes (as expected).In the workstation 8, if you have more than one VM running when you push the lock button, it presents a dialog box asking if you desire to suspend the other virtual machine. In order to close the window just unique, you have to make use of "close tab", and then shut the blank window. If you are running plenty of VMs, it is extremely annoying.

Re: Different -x parameter in VMware workstation 8

Yes-x does not run virtual machines "headless", but the closure of the user interface and the decision to leave the virtual machines running in the background is what makes "headless".

All previous versions of workstation also showed a message if you attempt to close the user interface of open access, the VM running. If you do not want to be asked, go to Edit> Preferences> General and check "Keep virtual machines running after the workstation is closed."

I must have done a poor job of describing the trouble .In the workstation versions before 8, if you used the parameter-x to start each VM in its own window, and has had more than one window open when it closed all the windows (when a virtual machine running) workstation only suspend a machine. If a virtual machine is turned off in the window, then simply close the window one. Now he wants to close (or suspend) all VM windows.

NevNeutrals Guest

I think I'm misunderstanding something. In Windows, every window of the workstation is a separate process. Closing a window is not closed to others.

However, in the workstation 8, we made a change to run with a vmware.exe. Vmx command line argument attempts to open the default virtual machine is specified in an existing window. Running "vmware.exe-x" for multiple virtual machines therefore opens additional tabs, no additional windows. Close that window is closing all their chips, so if the virtual machines that run other, yes, it will generate instructions.

If that's what we're talking about, then you need to run with an additional vmware.exe "-n" command line option to force open the virtual machine in a new window.

Use the "-n" parameter very well. I tried "-n" "-x" (y-nx), but no luck .Basically I have the same results as when using "-x". Thanks for your help! I have about 300 workstations to update the time!

I do not see how it is possible that an instance vmware.exe to display messages for virtual machines open in other windows. You'll have to give clear and accurate reproduction steps because I do not understand and cannot reproduce. For example, is that correct?

1. Run "foo.vmx vmware.exe-nx". A new window with a single tab for foo.vmx.
    2. Run "bar.vmx vmware.exe-nx". A new window with a single tab for bar.vmx.
    3. Turn foo.vmx. Click the Close button in the upper right corner of the window. A message requesting the suspension of bar.vmx.

If you accept the request and choose to stop, not the virtual machine bar.vmx be suspended?

Is it important that you use-x? Can you reproduce this issue separately if you open Windows VMware Workstation and power through the toolbar instead?

Also, please provide the registration of the user interface from vmware.exe instance that shows the system. (In the window that shows the system, go to Help> about to find the registry location of the user interface.)

Finally I spoke to VMware support people and explained him all my problem. It’s been 48 hours. I am waiting for solution from them. If I get any reply from them I will post here.