Thread: Windows 7 IE9 Rendering broken with Fusion

Windows 7 IE9 Rendering broken with Fusion

As it seems that the new VMware Fusion seems to break IE9 delivery, continue to demonstrate images, fonts and scroll bars are not. The only solution I could find so far is fully 3D off at the virtual machine configuration. Does anybody know any a further explanation; is this a known bug in 4.0.1?

Re: Windows 7 IE9 Rendering broken with Fusion

Returning to IE8 is not an option for me, since the virtual machine use, mainly for testing purposes in a variety of versions of IE.Anyway thanks for the help. I imagine the only alternative for me now is actually to turn off completely 3D VIII level. I can live with that until you solve the trouble.

Macbook Pro 13-inch model 2009 (which still has an nVidia graphics card there) that runs lion. But a friend of mine could also reproduce the problem on an iMac in 2010.

In both cases, virtual machines have become an old v VMware 3 to version 4, the VMware upgrade process.

I remember having to disable 3D acceleration before, because he was breaking a site that was tested. But I cannot remember what operating system (XP could have been), or the browser (perhaps it was the Blackberry emulator).

Anyhow I power on win7 3D now, its operational. Did you advance the guest virtual machine to upgrade to Fusion 4? I did. Have you updated the VMware Tools in the guest?

I have the same trouble in Windows 7 guests! Illustration in Internet Explorer 9 is not working! I believe it's a trouble with the display driver / hardware acceleration.

I installed a new VMware Fusion 4 and a new Windows 7 64 bit on my first guest MacBook Pro 2011 15, 8 GB of RAM - but the problem persists.

In my Windows virtual machine 7 cannot change this setting! Always make use of software rendering . Just disable the 3D acceleration of the virtual machine resolves the trouble.

Directly from the Microsoft site:

Run Internet Explorer 9 in a VMware virtual machine
    Internet Explorer 9 always uses software rendering in a VMware virtual machine. This is due to a coding error in Internet Explorer introduced by recent changes in the rendering engine. Internet Explorer team will address this in a future update.

For those who cannot change the configuration of IE 9 configuration 'use of software delivery "Internet Option. I had the same problem after installing Fusion 4. To fix this, you must edit the Windows registry.
    1. That is, nearby.
    2. Regedit.exe, find this (either using the 'Find' command, or manually navigating to the keys)
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ GPU
      You will find the key 'Reverse software in two versions. One is called "Software Fallback" (for 32-bit Windows), and the other "WoW64-SoftwareFallback" (bit Windows 64).
      If the value is "0" and change it to "1". I did it for two keys, but I think it is enough if one changes the key value for your version of Windows (32 or 64 bits).
    3. Close the Registry Editor.
    4. Open Internet Explorer 9 and enjoyment.

Hello, yes, this is the solution, but after the close of IE9, the registry value back to 0. What can be done to maintain the value of Software Fallback on 1 forever?

Open, closed IE9 multiple times, restart VM - but there is still value.

In addition, Internet Explorer may automatically disable and disable GPU compatible graphics hardware acceleration, and in order to avoid the possibility, it is recommended (if the cut does not help the performance of IE) to eliminate the possibility that the user system to write and edit the HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \ GPU registry key.

Click "GPU" and select "Permissions". Go to "Advanced" and uncheck "Include inheritable permissions from a parent of this object." Then add "Administrators" group or your user name and enable "Full Control" permissions, and (should) add the user "system" with "Read" (at least in control of reading and reference value) privileges. "

I did it once and then opened IE (everything was fine), change the permissions on the back of the GPU for what were (in particular, re-enable inheritable permissions) and have had no troubles.

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, both do not work. IE9 still changes the value of Software Fallback back to 0 when closing IE9.

I think VMware should do something with its graphic driver. It should support hardware acceleration und it should be possible to switch to hardware acc on IE9 - at the moment this option cannot be changed (checkbox is disabled in advanced IE options).

ThumbsUp Re: Windows 7 IE9 Rendering broken with Fusion

Hi all

Just wanted to share my experience with this issue.

The registry change did the job.

Changed both values to 1, started IE9, closed IE9, the WOW value was back to 0. Changed it to 1 again, started IE9, closed IE9, the value remained at 1.

Have now tried to reboot W7 several times, everything looks ok, and the value stays at 1.

Thank you for this solution.