Thread: What is the value of VMware fusion 4 features?

What is the value of VMware fusion 4 features?

I've been comparing Parallels and VMware Fusion on September 15 in terms of differences and the value of each product for me. As a result, I came up with an enormous dissimilarity (9 to 29) for VMware.

So just wondering if I can comment on things and perhaps clarify that I could do something wrong or missing?

Re: What is the value of VMware fusion 4 features?

Parallels allow you to suspend a virtual machine from boot camp.

Strange idea - I think you could do that with the merger - but the graphical user interface that prevents good reason

Great way to compare applications though, also will test both anyway, if the reality at the level of theory.

I see talk of "Reducing virtual disks without deleting snapshots and other data" for fusion 4. I have tried to reduce my disk yesterday and did not let me because of the snapshots and some other things (which is what is in the dialog box and the virtual machine itself has several snapshots). If you request the help file will also tell you that reducing the disk will not work if the virtual machine has any snapshots. The merger will not win any points for it, because you still have to delete snapshots to reduce the size of the disk.

I also see that it gets 7 prevents Parallels Desktop virtual machine that pause is not correct because this is definitely a feature of Parallels Desktop is for versions of many years. This is definitely a tie between two products.

Being able to reduce the size of your snapshot works, but the photos must be taken with VMware Fusion 4 and later. We had to add the information to instant information that allows us to decrease.

Therefore, if you delete the old snapshots and create new ones that will be able to reduce the size of the disc now. We could not add to old snapshots that contain the necessary information in the snapshot tree.

I thought it might have been the case. I do not think people want Ditch your snapshots, which made for a very good reason (I did). To me that mean that the functionality of contraction is what has always been: at all if you have any snapshots. For me this is not a big problem, I've never used that option, and you do not miss things that were never used anyway for new VM Fusion has done 4 this obviously is not the case, but I will have to try that.

I've updated the doc - P7 fact allows you to pause the virtual machine. So no advantage here.

The VNC and remote control is not essential (and marked as low priority for me). And VMware workstation or P7 bonus points for that, as the same.

Thanks for the information. If I got any further doubt than I will reply here .I didn’t got any response from VMware support. Finally I am happy that I came to this forum and got the solution.