Thread: What is the cost to upgrade VMware fusion from 3 to 4 or is there any discount?

What is the cost to upgrade VMware fusion from 3 to 4 or is there any discount?

Hello, is there a program for end users upgrade currently running Fusion 3 is available?

Re: What is the cost to upgrade VMware fusion from 3 to 4 or is there any discount?

VMware Fusion 4 has been optimized for Mac OS X Lion and gives us a free electronic upgrade to customers who bought VMware Fusion 3 as soon as OS X Lion became available. Customers who bought VMware Fusion 4 before the availability OS X Lion will necessitate purchasing a full license for VMware Fusion 4 for all its new-fangled features and enhancements

Re: What is the cost to upgrade VMware fusion from 3 to 4 or is there any discount?

Well it's time for me to change the desktop side. Price $ 27.99 competitive upgrade.

It's very strange not offered an upgrade for existing customers loyal. I've been with the merger from the beginning and gone through all the previous updates

Same thought. So you can stay with VMware, which has been getting hacked to pieces in their criticisms of the latest version of Parallels, for $ 49.99. Or you can take the competitive upgrade for $ 27.99.so I could see and convince myself there's nothing special here.

Wow, no love VMware loyal customers! I did not know about competitive upgrade for $ 27.99 Parallels, but several guys in the office has it and seem to like. I deduce it's time to download a version of Parallels to observe if VMware is worth an extra $ 22to acquire full support lion. VMware is actually missing the boat in its pricing policy! All they are achieving is to have faithful customers and take a look at your antagonism. If they had an upgrade path to Fusion 3 customers most of us almost certainly would have done more than reimburse for the upgrade in spite of of what else was available .VMware bad decision, very bad.

Cheaper to switch to the most recent version from the competitor to upgrade to the latest version of VMware?

Note Parallels has a history of upgrades paid off more often than VMware has. So you could pay less to jump now, but over time Parallels is probably going to cost more, unless you do not upgrade (which is also an option with the merger.)

Parallels was first released in 2006 I think, and it is up to version 7. At least four of the hits were paid upgrades. The merger was launched in 2007, and has had a paid upgrade since. Fusion is a bargain.

It is understandable that they feel slighted that you are paying the same price today as new users, but if the merger would have an additional $ 20 to upgrade a couple of years, and an improvement of $ 30 today discount not many of you complain.

I messed with any of the products works best for you. At $ 30 Parallels is definitely worth it, but make no mistake that ultimately will save money.

I got call yesterday they told me there would be an upgrade price and I would have to pay full price, which was "set lower than standard to accommodate accessible users and as an incentive for new users." Right. Whatever. In short, no value for being an existing customer. But I will wait 4 days and see if that changes. Types of sales do not always know the company plans.

I think I paid about 115 Euros for Fusion 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, and 4. If I were a customer of Parallels would have to pay more. They have had more versions (which are so far seven), all have cost me about $ 49 or something. I think in Euros would have paid twice that for the merger. However, both products are very often at a discount by the manufacturer or something like Amazon. If the game is intelligent can get both products at a very low price, you just have to wait longer.

I can use Parallels and Fusion, and I've improved so much over the past 18 months. I prefer Parallels for compatibility with Windows (Mac a better overall integration of the merger), the merger for its support of Linux (as there is in Parallels for quite some time).

This lack of an upgrade path will merge to stop updating Fusion. Parallels has closed the gap in support for Linux, so I prefer the Fusion 3.1.3 for a bit and switch to Parallels for all, as soon as some version of Ubuntu, it is discovered that is not compatible with 3.1.3.