Thread: Unable to install VMware workstation 8

Unable to install VMware workstation 8

I am updating through automated installation for workstations 8. The earlier version of the workstation that was capable to take out the installation files from the EXE, MSI launch the parameters of my installation and then set up. I have the same essential process work for systems running Windows 7. When I try to launch the MSI from an XP system trouble me. If you run the EXE from an XP machine it is installed. I have attached the installation log file.

Re: Unable to install VMware workstation 8

We ask that you only run the setup executable Windows workstation, and not try to extract and run the MSI file directly. Running the MSI directly because the product cannot successfully modify / repair / uninstall / upgrade.

Running the MSI directly because the product cannot successfully modify / repair / uninstall / upgrade. With the 7 we learn that in many hosts only running the MSI directly did the setup work.

Can you confirm that the execution of the MSI-directly with the 8 will have negative effects in the long term?

The Windows workstation executable MSI installation packages 7-8 and a few other installation executable under the hood. The bootstrapper installer to pass all parameters of the command line for the MSI as it started in the right order. Each time a Change / repair / uninstall / update program was initiated prior to the workstation is used to display the user interface setup and manage the status of installation of all components. To try to support all users who want to run and organize the underlying MSI in a straight line, particularly through all potential versions of the workstation is a charge we desire to avoid and we desire our users to prevent.

Attempt to support all users who want to run and set up MSI directly at the back. Necessitate a command to extract all the files in a spotless and a command that - used by an administrator - set permissions for the key to good VMware Inc. and installs cleanly the two accounts. That would be well and will save a lot of time.

Apologetic, I'm not convinced I understand your request. What do you mean by a command to "extract all files in a clean" and "clean install both accounts"? What troubles are you running on during installation that led to this need? Also, when you say you want a good set of permissions on the key, VMware Inc., which means that you want to push workstation machine from someone and then block the "HKLM \ Software \ VMware, Inc." registration key?

All workstations installers I've seen before - in other words, everything from 4.0.0 tend to unconfigure the key permits. Without an order to restore the facilities of the permits fail with different errors - installs repair also often fail.

Something similar happens with the two pseudo-accounts - if they are wrong configured during the installation - perhaps for the reason that of some antivirus or other 3rd party tool - a standard arrangement of an fault Some of us registry fix patch and "net user " commands.
    Here are some commands honestly help too.

I am trying to find alternative solution. If I got I will share here.

Try to install following things.

Code:
    Install VMUSBArbService and vmusb 
    and re-enumerate local usb-devices

I hope everything will be working fine .after following above steps.

I think the cycles would be better spent trying to find ways to improve on these issues in the future instead of engineering tricks to repair the existing installation. I see your code to manipulate the "HKLM \ Software \ VMware, Inc. \" registry key through a custom action. We will be sure to look at how this function (or not) as well as how to make the creation of the account and vmnetbridge / Facilities stronger usb driver in our future releases.