Thread: How to Open PowerPoint and Excel Files on Toshiba Satellite

How to Open PowerPoint and Excel Files on Toshiba Satellite

I have recently bought the Toshiba Satellite with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and I have installed the Microsoft Office 2010. Whenever I try to open the file of power point or excel file the system fail to recognize the files. I have try my best to resolve this issue but not have succeed so if you friends have any information for how to come from this issue and solve this problems then please help me out.

Re: How to Open PowerPoint and Excel Files on Toshiba Satellite

If you are trying to open any office file into the lower version of windows software then this kind of issue generate since the lower version does not able to read the higher version file. So first make sure that you are using which version and the file you are trying to open is of which version. And this is not a common issue.

I have the solution for this issue but I have not tried this so you just try this may it helps you out. So for these you have to go for the start menu and you have top type in the search box "winword.exe /r" and after that you have to press enter. If it not work for you then you have to connect “xls” through excel. After that go to the default program in excel panel. And from there you can uninstall and reinstall the office within the same location.

Maybe PowerPoint and Excel are not installed properly. So in your case you have to assign the excel and the power point in the standard tool. For assigning this you have to follow these simple steps:
    First of all select the file you want to open and then right click on that. Now select the option open with now in that list of option select the Excel or Power Point. And remember to make the mark on “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file” .

You have to make the use of recovery PowerPoint, which can work in all the Windows OS, this steps are used to fix out the trouble with .ppt this is normally used when we loss some data after the power failure or due to some of the reason.

If your files under the Microsoft Office 2010 are not working properly then there may be some installation problems happen or there is some file missing during the installation. So for that reason you have to reinstall that Microsoft Office 2010 again in your system. So for reinstalling first you have to uninstall the present application of Microsoft Office 2010. After completing the process for uninstall you can move forward to install the application again in your system and this will help you to install the new version of Microsoft Office 2010 and even help you to overcome the issue.