Thread: Cloning C drive to a new drive that works up to a point

Cloning C drive to a new drive that works up to a point

I am attempting to re-introduce Windows Mail (which I like a parcel) back onto my Vista laptop. Six days back, I rampage spent and purchased a greater hard drive. I cloned my "C" drive onto it, utilizing Ghost 15.0. All appeared to work well. It booted up and all items was fine. That is until I attempted to begin up Windows send. The ONLY method I am able to get it to work, is following I get a slip inform, I indicate it to Windows send on my USB "Q" drive (the old C). I feel a distinct desire to design the Q with the goal that I am able to have an additional hard drive to go with, but won't do that until I possess no further require of the old C. I am unable to utilize Windows send. It would be ideal if you help me!

Re: Cloning C drive to a new drive that works up to a point

--When you picture a disc and afterward restore the image all things might as well be precisely the same as it was on the old disc. So I'm astounded with reference to why that doesn't appear to be the case. Ghost is a disk cloning program, I possess no interaction with Ghost, but others here have, so I'm trusting they can hop in and illustrate what is going on.
    Concerning the post issue-I'll adhere to Windows Mail for the instant. When Q was C did you utilize the default area %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\ for your documents or had you moved it to an organizer of your particular decision.

In the event that you positively cloned the drive, that is an EXACT copy of the old drive, then the situation is the one of a kind drive identifier. Windows appoints a drive identifier when it parcels a drive. Nonetheless, they should be UNIQUE and assuming that you legitimately cloned the drive, you cloned the identifier as well. I unequivocally did cloning the old C: to a unique SSD drive and after that putting the old drive again in the framework to utilize again framework DID NOT boot. You need to have utilized any utility for the purpose that it will reveal to you the Drive ID's. Would need to take out a drive to boot and see them on each and every drive however.

You would be able to invariably open the Ghost browser; it will open your picture and permit you to copy any document / records / folders you should their first area on your unique "C" drive. This saves time when something missing. Once you get things running effectively and before arranging your old drive compose a brand new image and recovery it

Yet I had the same issue so I run over to Tools > Options > Advanced > Maintenance > Store Folder it demonstrated to me that the setting was at Q (the old C drive). I clicked update and sharp it to the brand new C drive. It told me that it could make the modification when a reboot. I rebooted and got the slip inform came while booting up. By the method I had separated the Q drive to guarantee that it wouldn't take me out and identify the Q insight. Anyway, this did not redress, but it most likely demonstrates that Email is still checking out my Q and not my C head for its indispensible documents. I actually need to root out how to stop or update the looking. I think the way that the framework did not make the modification, express that there is something else a small deeper included here. If its not too much trouble don't give up on me.

Here is the same amount info that I am able to give you about Windows Mail and how it is acting. Since I leave my first "C" (now "Q" in usb fenced in area) connected. My windows Mail begins up when I click on its symbol. I appropriate my inbox send when Mail opens as it formerly would do. Yet, the sum total of the sub organizers which I had made to store send that was perused and I demanded to keep is not there. (Luckily, I did protect them, on my "F" drive (likewise a USB) and are sitting there, but in a special method. They are catalogued as .eml. In the event that I rodent over the name, I am able to see who sent the mail.

One of the explanations I like Windows Mail is since it archives its message documents as eml files, which prepares you to restore your records whatsoever times by actually selecting them and utilizing move and customize to put them in your post system again. So following you have you eml files on F we are able to constantly fall back on importing them back to WM in the event that everything else flops.

One thing concerning the mail delivery-this is the strangest part confidently some intimation to you regarding what is in fact going on. Following delivery of INBOX, I get a newfangled organizer which has the date and time as its name. This organizer is positioned under a post folder entitled Recovered Messages.